playMaker

Author Topic: Cinemachine - Set FOV  (Read 3821 times)

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
Cinemachine - Set FOV
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:01:44 PM »
I was curious if there was a way to set the FOV of a cinemachine virtual camera at runtime?

My setup involves just blending between two cameras (up close, farther away) and I figure I could use a Cinemachine Camera Blend, but also though it'd be pretty easy to just manually set the FOV (that ways I wouldnt have to update any references).

Any pointers/direction is super appreciated! :D

-craigz

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Cinemachine - Set FOV
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:36:59 AM »
Hi,

I have the actions to control lens settings on cameras but they require the current beta version of PlayMaker, as Cinemachine support will be the first set that benefits from major improvements in the way actions can be developed and their features.

If you are part of the beta, let me know, I'll give you access to the current cinemachine package, else let me know if you prefer to wait a few day ( should be out any time now, we are actively debugging the last RC release), or you could apply for the beta and work on it right now ( provided beta releases are not supposed to be used in production)

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Cinemachine - Set FOV
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 03:06:59 AM »
Hi,

ok, 1.9.0 is out, and I released what I had so far with Cinemachine.

can you update playmaker to 1.9, and get the cinemachine package from the ecosystem, it will feature the actions to get and set FOV on cinemachine cameras.

Make sure you backup first your project!

Let me know know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean