playMaker

Author Topic: Could Not Create Action:...: LoadLevel ...where?  (Read 2857 times)

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Could Not Create Action:...: LoadLevel ...where?
« on: May 22, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »
in unity 2017.2.0f3 and playmaker 1.8.5.f8 on windows 10 i get this error when I try to build my project:

Could Not Create Action: : find and affect things: load title menu: LoadLevel (Maybe the script was removed?)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:CreateAction(Context, Int32) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:831)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LoadActions(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:768)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:LoadActions() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:117)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:InitData() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1707)
PlayMakerFSM:OnAfterDeserialize() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:840)

I wish this would tell me what object in what scene the messed up fsm is attached to. I have no idea how to begin even looking for this. is there some easy way?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Could Not Create Action:...: LoadLevel ...where?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:59:22 AM »
Hi,

" : find and affect things: load title menu: LoadLevel"

that should be your path to the missing action

but the question would be why this action is missing to begin with?

Bye,

Jean

westingtyler

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »
thanks. could you help me understand how I could use that info to find it? I searched my project for anything called "find and affect things" or "load title menu" and found nothing, even when i went into an FSM and searched that dropdown that includes a bunch of my created fsms.

also, I do not know why LoadLevel is missing. When i play the game, levels load just fine, so I am unsure, but my project won't build.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 03:12:20 AM »
Hi,

it seems you have a hierarchy inside your scene with gameobject named "find and affect things" or "load title menu" or fsm named that way, have you looked there?

Bye,

Jean

westingtyler

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 11:55:36 AM »
Hello. That was the whole problem. I have 65 scenes in my build, and the issue is that I have to manually search all 65 scenes to find this, and I was asking if there was an easier way to search for this.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 03:06:44 AM »
Hi,

then, I would try to put back the action. is it located in your assets but undetected by PlayMaker? if it is the case, I would open a previous back up and export that action as a unity package and import it in your latest project, it might work.

Bye,

Jean