playMaker

Author Topic: Charactermotor and jump - will only jump once  (Read 2339 times)

copenhagenjazz

• Playmaker Newbie
Charactermotor and jump - will only jump once
« on: July 07, 2012, 03:54:15 PM »
Hi guys

Sorry to create a new thread about this issue but I really cannot figure this thing out and it is sort of driving me nuts. For some reason I can only get my character to jump once.

I have a gameobject with character controller and charactermotor assigned. I want to control the jumping using a designated FSM. In this FSM I have 3 states.

I have a "Listener" (GetKeyDown), "Jump" (Set property), and I have a "Jump recover" (Wait).

I added the Set Property action to the jump state by dragging the charactermotor on top of the state and the property I have chosen to set is inputJump. I have also created a bool variable called "Can_Jump" which by default is set to true and this bool is referenced in the Set property action.
As far as I understand this should be the correct way of doing it but obviously I am missing something as I can only get the character to jump once. I have tried to add a "Set bool" and also a "Flip bool" action in the "Jump recover" state that the FSM switches to after jumping before returning to the listener state, but it still doesnt work.

I have zipped up my project and put it in my dropbox here;

Moderator: Link removed. Please do not post links that let anyone download Playmaker for free!
If you want to share a project be sure to remove Playmaker first!

If anyone would know what I am doing wrong or want to have a look at the project I would be very grateful. Playmaker is pretty damn awesome and this is so far the only major hurdle I have stumbled upon. I am sure there is a good and surpisingly simple explanation to my problem :D

Thanks

PS; Sorry for making a new topic about this now that I have already asked in this topic; http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1640.0. However I thought it was better to create a new topic now that I had uploaded the project zip
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:32:47 PM by Alex Chouls »

copenhagenjazz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Charactermotor and jump - will only jump once
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:22:47 PM »
Moderator: Link removed. Please do not post links that let anyone download Playmaker for free!
If you want to share a project be sure to remove Playmaker first!

Sorry that was genuinely not my intention. I did not realize I by uploading the project also inadvertently shared Playmaker. Apologies