playMaker

Author Topic: Sprite Manager 2  (Read 6851 times)

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
Sprite Manager 2
« on: March 27, 2011, 05:22:27 AM »

sP0CkEr

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Sprite Manager 2
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
i would suggest opening up a conversation with brady over at ANB and get his feedback on the possibility of creating some FSM actions for his awsome plugin. for basic stuff like moving sprite around, the transform actions for movement seem to work just fine. i suspect that with the addition of iTween in 1.1 it will give you even more options for sprites.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »
I think you're right iTween Actions and SM2 sprites could be a killer combo!

I'll contact Brady to see if he has any ideas.

Also if current SM2 users have specific actions they'd like to see that would be very useful! I suspect the actions will be fairly easy to implement, but I'm not familiar enough with SM2 to know what would be useful...

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 01:06:35 AM »
I think you're right iTween Actions and SM2 sprites could be a killer combo!

I'll contact Brady to see if he has any ideas.

Also if current SM2 users have specific actions they'd like to see that would be very useful! I suspect the actions will be fairly easy to implement, but I'm not familiar enough with SM2 to know what would be useful...

Simple things I'd like is to be able to control what sprite animation is played, when, what frame to start at, play it backwards and option to loop the sprite animations. I can control all this in code with SM2 but would obviously love to do everything I can in Playmaker.

sP0CkEr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 12:13:46 AM »
So I would see this as more of a community driven request. Also, SM2 is a licensed product, so it would be hard for team to include in base actions i would assume.

I think as a community we start out small. I have already created a simple action to control the color of a sprite. However, its more something to scratch my own itch. Trying to cover all of the current SM2 functions would be a huge task. Maybe all of us interested in SM2 actions could start working together, and then if it gets big enuf, we could ask our friends here to create a separate forum topic to post our stuff to.

- spocker