playMaker

Author Topic: (FIXED) Updating prefab disconnects from anything referencing that prefab  (Read 4582 times)

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
Hi all,
I'm using Unity 2018.2.2f1
Playermaker : 1.9.0 p4

Also using Nested Prefabs

For some reason whenever I update a prefab where ever that prefab is connected/ referenced in (eg: fsm/array/list) it disconnects.

I don't know whether nested prefabs is having an effect on this. It's been working fine up until updating the project to new unity and playmaker.

Has anyone had this or know of a solution? Should I reimport the whole project?

Cheers,
Josh
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:05:38 AM by autumnboy »

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Updating prefab disconnects from anything referencing that prefab
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 05:44:43 AM »
Yeah i had some issues too, there's gonna be trouble with nested prefabs. What are your prefab settings on the preferences? I recommend to work on the prefab FSM's insted of scene objects, that way everything gets saved.

Nested prefabs are not yet supported with playmaker, i'm actually amazed it works in a way.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:52:36 AM by krmko »
Available for Playmaker work

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 08:08:15 PM »
It's been fine on previous versions. I've never had objects disconnect from prefabs. I am currently working on prefab fsms. So it's still weird that things continue to disconnect.

Can you elaborate on the prefab settings in preferences please -

Cheers

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:00:32 PM by autumnboy »

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 05:18:28 AM »
I unchecked Disconnect Modified Prefab Instances and Disconnect All Modified Prefab Instances In Scene.

But TBH, i'm still having some weird disconnects, i believe i edited and saved the prefab (via instance or in the project) but some time later i find that some edits were not saved. Either i did something wrong, or it should be done in some other manner. We could use an advice if we should do works in prefabs directly or in instances then override.

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 11:48:56 PM »
Thanks!

I tried them preferences you mentioned. Closed and opened unity. Still no different. :(

In the fsm it says it's missing even though it's a prefab, directly after updating the prefab.

I might do some testing in a fresh project without nested prefabs to see what's causing the problem.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 12:32:45 AM »
Then it's something with the way new nested prefabs work, report a bug so it can be solved! I mean via unity, it will give you an e-mail where to send it.

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 06:05:18 AM »
Nested prefabs got updated and fixed a bunch of compatibility bugs with 2018.2.2f1

I can confirm prefabs aren't disconnecting from fsms anymore.

-Josh

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
2018.2.2f1 have improved prefabs?

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
Are you asking me why I'm still using it or if 2018.2.2f1 has it?

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
I am asking you how come 2018.2.2f1 has nested prefabs. As far as i know, only 2018.2.0x-ImprovedPrefabs has it.

stephenscottday

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: (FIXED) Updating prefab disconnects from anything referencing that prefab
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 03:00:47 PM »
I was getting the error "Some prefab instances were disconnected from their prefab parents because their FSMs were modified". I found a solution and everything works fine now, but thought I'd share what happened and my experience just in case anyone else runs into this.

I had a prefab with a couple of FSMs, both of which were FSM templates. After a while I realized I didn't want to use templates for these FSMs, and so I:
 - copied all the states from the FSM
 - removed the template from the FSM (clicking the template in the component, hitting delete)
 - Then pasted those states into this FSM
 - Deleting the template resets the name, so I had to change the name back to what I had named the template.

But this still didn't fix anything. Upon restarting Unity, the prefabs in the scene were disconnected (turned into normal scene objects), and I got the message again.

I even tried deleting the FSM component altogether, copy+pasting it into a new one. Still no luck.

So finally the last thing I did was rename the prefab, just adding a "_CURSED" to the end of it, to know it was the one giving me problems. Then I turned the sceneobject version into a new prefab (just making a new prefab, same contents). I deleted that old "_CURSED" one, and restarted Unity.

And that fixed it.