playMaker

Author Topic: Joystick Control Problem | Please Help  (Read 2275 times)

savaslogan

• Playmaker Newbie
Joystick Control Problem | Please Help
« on: August 18, 2018, 06:49:10 AM »
Hello there. I'm trying to learn Playmaker. I am using the Control Freak 2 joystick. I move my character back and forth, right and left. However, when I add the smooth action feature, it is distorted. I can not move my character back. The camera is also turning with characters. The character is always moving in the same direction. The same is true for right and left directions. It continues to increase on the X axis. If I do not open it to the left, the camera turns and x continues to increase. If I select the world option from the translate action options, this problem is solved. But this time I have to pull the joystick down to go in the opposite direction on the z axis. But when the camera is looking at that direction, do not you have to push it up again? How can we solve this problem? Thank you

savaslogan

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Joystick Control Problem | Please Help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:47:17 AM »
Can anyone help me please?

Doh

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:00:52 PM »
It's difficult to tell from the image exactly what's going on, could you provide an image with the actions expanded?

At the moment I'm leaning toward thinking your "smooth look at" may be fighting against your intended behavior.

Also knowing what type of character movement you're aiming for would help, again I'd guess it's similar to a twin stick shooter with a camera that rotates on the Y axis but it's hard to tell.

savaslogan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 11:22:09 AM »
It's difficult to tell from the image exactly what's going on, could you provide an image with the actions expanded?

At the moment I'm leaning toward thinking your "smooth look at" may be fighting against your intended behavior.

Also knowing what type of character movement you're aiming for would help, again I'd guess it's similar to a twin stick shooter with a camera that rotates on the Y axis but it's hard to tell.

My desire is to do joystick control like pubg. The joystick should only check the character. I must touch the screen to determine the camera angle. Can this be done?

Doh

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
I've not played Pubg but I have played lots of DayZ which it would seem to be similar to in a few ways. So it sounds like you're making a 3rd-person shooter on a mobile/touchscreen device and you want your touch input to act like a physical analogue stick.

The simple answer is yes, you can make such a control system, it should be a pretty straight forward 3rd-person character controller.

savaslogan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 06:54:03 PM »
thank you so much. So how do I connect the joystick with the character controller?

Doh

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 05:18:46 AM »
It would be a good idea to watch these:

If you can get your head round those you should be able to set up your own.