playMaker

Author Topic: Editor Window Default is Pitch Black  (Read 4452 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Editor Window Default is Pitch Black
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 12:09:44 PM »
Hi, I'll investigate, but it should be safe to use. It seems like a display issue with textures used in the editor, but I need to do some digging...

lukew

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
Thanks for checking this out.

It probably won't help at all but I've noticed that when I've changed color space to Linear in Unity 2018.3.6f (new project) the whole Unity 'Project Settings' window was highlighted to a very bright color for like a half of second. Then it came back to normal color.

I can also notice that one part of Unity Project Settings window (the active folded out part) is a little brighter in Linear space than in gamma. Generally it's visible that some parts of Unity UI are minimally brighter in Linear.

I'm not sure if the difference was noticeable in 2017.1.0.

I've also got this error once but I'm not sure if it could be realted and if it's harmful

Code: [Select]
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.get_StateInspector () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:294)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.Update () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/InspectorPanel.cs:106)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.Update () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:976)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.Update () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:276)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:438)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:200)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 12:20:52 PM by lukew »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 05:18:51 PM »
I just uploaded a new patch that should fix this in 2018.3. Let me know when you've had a chance to try it...

lukew

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 07:38:12 PM »
I've updated Playmaker to 1.9.0.p10 and it's fixed. Colors look fine now.

Thanks for the really fast support and almost instant patches. Great to see that!

Was it a global error with 2018.3 (for all users) or maybe there is something specific that could cause it? I assume that it was global as it showed in new project too.

BTW. I've got "Failed to update assembly" error again but this time it was a "yellow" error and the message was much shorter than before. In 2017.1 it was a 'red' error and its message was very long, it started with:

[AssemblyUpdater] Assembly reference folder does not exist: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETPortable\v4.6\'
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I was posting the whole messsage in one of the previous posts.

Now in Unity 2018.3 I've got a yellow error with this message:

Failed to update assembly 'Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/Metro/PlayMaker.dll': Assembly reference folder does not exist: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies

\Microsoft\Framework\.NETPortable\v4.6\'.

UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterAssemblyHelper:DoesAssemblyRequireUpgrade(String)

Is it a harmless error? Should I care about it? Any idea why it tries to update assembly if it's a latest version compatible with the engine version?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 08:37:54 PM »
It was a global error with 2018.3 - so thanks for reporting it!

The other warning looks like an internal Unity thing. I think they’ve probably dropped support for Metro plugins. I’ll investigate. Either way you don’t need the Metro plugin anymore, so you can ignore the warning, or, if it bothers you, you can delete Plugins/PlayMaker/Metro/PlayMaker.dll.