playMaker

Author Topic: Can't do "Control+S" to save during game?  (Read 1399 times)

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Can't do "Control+S" to save during game?
« on: September 02, 2018, 02:19:26 PM »
I want the player to press Control+S to save their game. But the state that checks for "Get S Key Down" doesn't seem to respond if Left Control is pressed.

Doesn't work for Control+L to load either, or Control+N for new.

The state gets the fsm bool of another game object, to determine if Left Control is pressed.

How do I made this work? Control+Mouse Scroll wheel works for me to zoom, but it feels like playmaker actions can't check two keys at once? Even when playtesting, Unity pops up telling me I can't save the scene--- which means it CAN register both key presses at once, just not playmaker? How do I made this work?

PS the fsm bool for Control DOES update to true when pressed, just not shown in the screenshot I got.

GonerGames

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Can't do "Control+S" to save during game?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 06:04:18 PM »
The issue you are having is not with Playmaker. Unity is intercepting the ctrl+s input and is attempting to save your scene in the editor. That's why it is throwing the error. To test this combination you will need to build the game as an .exe and test if from there. To see if is it working in the editor try a different combination that is not a typical command.

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Re: Can't do "Control+S" to save during game?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 11:09:37 AM »
is this why I can't get the "lock mouse to screen" scripts to work in the Unity editor? I can never get the mouse to STAY in the window. It's a meme online that it's only one line of code to lock the mouse to the window, but in 4 years I've never been able to figure out how to make it work right.