playMaker

Author Topic: Custom editor and states  (Read 1355 times)

mbArtefacto

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Artefacto
Custom editor and states
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:30:38 AM »
Hi,

We are currently using Playmaker internally in my company with a host of custom actions.

We were wondering if there was a way to ship a tweaked version of the Playmaker tools that would only use custom states (is it even possible to customize states?!) and only the custom actions we define (instead of the amazing cornucopia provided by Playmaker).

Bonus round, would it be possible to ship it as a Unity application instead of an Editor plugin? I am assuming "no" but one can dream and hope :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Custom editor and states
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 01:58:43 AM »
Hi,

learned a new word today :)

Please get in touch with us via pm, we do offer source licensing if you want to have total control or want to tweak it. Depending on the scope of your activity, we can certainly look into what you would like to achieve.

as for shipping it as a Unity Application, why not actually, I think it's possible with the new packaging system since you can now make asset live in the cache of Unity editor, so technically, I think it is possible.

Bye,

Jean

mbArtefacto

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Artefacto
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 06:29:32 AM »
Just to be clear, we want to be able to ship the Playmaker Node editor with Unity Runtime and without Unity Editor. If that is possible you just made my day! :)

I sent you a PM to further talk about this.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 02:56:51 AM »
Hi,

ok, pm sent, and just to confirm, that indeed you can't run the PlayMaker Editor without Unity Editor, that's different than including PlayMaker editor as a package like Animator or TextMeshPro.

Bye,

Jean