playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker - ArrayListCreate error (how to avoid?)[SOLVED]  (Read 4875 times)

amaranth

ArrayMaker - ArrayListCreate error (how to avoid?)[SOLVED]
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
When I used Array List Create action to create an array, I get an error that looks like this in the console window:

Code: [Select]
Databases : Arrays/Initialize : Create Arrays : 00:00:06 ArrayListCreate : ArrayList Proxy not found for reference <Array: Item Types>
A few notes that might help:
-I have a hard-coded array on the game object. The array is for something else.
-It seems when I add an array to the game object called Item Type, the error goes away. However, this confuses me because I thought the reason to use Array List Create is to create a new array at run-time, not populate an existing one.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:25:57 AM by jeanfabre »

Netjera

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: ArrayMaker - ArrayListCreate error (how to avoid?)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 08:57:03 PM »
Do you have the Array List Proxy Component on the object?  You have to have a component, found in the menu under "Playmaker Addons->Arraymaker->Add Array List Proxy to Selected Object" on the object or none of the actions will work.

amaranth

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Yes, I have a few of them already added. But they are the arrays for other things.

Netjera

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
Yes, I have a few of them already added. But they are the arrays for other things.

Are you creating any others on the fly?  It says in the description for create, that it's for during the game and not authoring time, so maybe it doesn't need the component?  Also, some of the actions say that references are necessary if you have more than one component on the same object?

amaranth

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:53:35 PM »
I'm creating dozens when the game initializes. I agree, it shouldn't need a component, which is why I'm asking the question. Do you not get these console error messages when you create arrays on the fly?

Netjera

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:30 AM »
I'm creating dozens when the game initializes. I agree, it shouldn't need a component, which is why I'm asking the question. Do you not get these console error messages when you create arrays on the fly?

I've created all of my arrays at authoring time.  I'm trying to put together a basic card setup specifically to learn arraymaker, because I know Jean hasn't had the time to put together docs for it yet.  He was so nice to even put it out there for us, that I hate to bug him.

Let me see if I can create an array on the fly, and I'll post what happens!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 04:22:46 AM »
hi,

do not hesitate to hammer me with question son ArrayMaker :)

I am thinking of creating a new version of ArrayMaker that will not require a component per array, but that's not for tomorow I am afraid... :)

As for referencing arrays, this is needed when you have two or more arrays on the same game object, else I can't know which one you want to access. if you have only one array and/or only one hashtable, ignore the reference, tho I would strongly encourage you to always use this, because if one day you need another array on the same gameobject, you don't have to go throught all your actions and put the right reference, since you would have done it to begin with.

Well spotted for this error, It slipped my testings, I forgot to implement a feature in the framework itself... ( it works for hashtable, but forgot to do it for arrays) so please download the file attached and replace it in your project folder, and it will not fire errors when you create an array. Anote to users that wonders about the playmaker error fired by the action itself, simply ignore it, since you are creating the array at runtime, the action warns about the fact that it hasn't found any for obvious reasons. I haven't find a good work around since I can't really control the action UI well enough to accomodate for this.

bye,

Jean

amaranth

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:57:57 AM »
Thanks, Jean! (as usual!)  :D