playMaker

Author Topic: Basic AI System YouTube Tutorials HELP  (Read 2741 times)

dariuskeel

• Playmaker Newbie
Basic AI System YouTube Tutorials HELP
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
Hey guys!
I'm currently going through the Basic AI System Tutorials created by BadSeed games on YouTube. (Here's a link:
Here's a link to how my AI is acting:
My issue is on Step 2. The Radar is only activating State 2 (named What did I Hit?) when the Target is in a particular area. Notice that if I touch the Target to Basic Enemy, then the correct trigger fires. Also, if you rotate it past the areas where it's registering at all, it does not go past the Raycast state at all.

Any ideas on where to start? If I can give a more detailed description, pictures or video if necessary. Thanks!

Red

Re: Basic AI System YouTube Tutorials HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »
Hey there, glad you like the tut so far and the screencast is good but it's not showing me the "what did i hit" state's action set up.

could you post a screenshot of how you have that state's actions set up? also, could you double-check to make sure that the "player" object (target) is tagged appropriately?

thanks!!

dariuskeel

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Basic AI System YouTube Tutorials HELP
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
Hey Red! Sorry for dropping the ball on this. I thought there would be email notifications for replies. I'll check on this in a bit, it has been awhile since I've messed with my above post.

BruceT

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Basic AI System YouTube Tutorials HELP[SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 05:13:44 PM »
I know this is late in the day to be answering this but it might help people having the same prob, as I did.

The solution was very simple; Scale the 'Target' sphere up a bit. I had the same prob and was pulling hair out. Then I  noticed the raytrace and look at lines went just above the sphere. When the sphere touched the enemy it moved upwards so the trace was able to see it.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:16:21 AM by jeanfabre »