playMaker

Author Topic: TurboGarbageTruck  (Read 8654 times)

eturnip

• Playmaker Newbie
TurboGarbageTruck
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:09:49 PM »
I'm using Playmaker and some regular C# scripts to make this
TurboGarbageTruck
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:26:41 PM by eturnip »

terrymorgan

• Junior Playmaker
Re: TurboGarbageTruck
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
Nice, 1st thing I've seen here that I wanted to play, I knocked the big brown cube
right off the edge of the world. Games like this save wear and tear on my real truck.

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »
Great job man! :)

eturnip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
thanks. I'll keep working on making it better. I forgot to add my development blog to the top post in case you want to follow along as I build it.
http://gamesbymistake.blogspot.com/

anyway playmaker is a great addition to the toolbox. Can't really say enough good about it.

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 02:19:12 AM »
Hey hey,

This is quite awesome!  WOuld you mind if I linked this and your blog on our HutongGames Facebook page? I'd love to show folks what people are making with the Playmaker toolset.

I too enjoyed running stuff over... and making that dukes of hazzard jump trying to know over that bowling pin formation of blocks...  ;D

Thanks!

Vanessa
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:21:12 AM by denkiva »

eturnip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 12:47:37 AM »
Absolutely. Glad you liked it. I'm finding Playmaker very useful for prototyping and experimenting.

eturnip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
just a quick update. I've made a lot of changes to TurboGarbageTruck. You can still check it out at the link above.

MIKMANNER

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 08:13:51 AM »
This is awesome, how did you set the pitch to the speed of the truck so nicely? When I've tried it before my engine goes from sub frequencies all the way up to piercing highs haha.

eturnip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 06:59:59 PM »
I wish I could say that I did something clever there... but mine does that too. It would probably start scare your dog if you really let the speed get up there. I just played with the multiplier between the speed and the pitch of the engine. Really I should set that up so that the pitch of the engine is driven by the throttle and not the speed, so that it is user control dependent and then clamp that top and bottom values so that it can't get out of a pleasant audible range.

by the way the sound is actually a recording of a fridge compressor.

eturnip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
for anyone who tried to play TurboGarbageTruck recently, sorry, I broke the link. I have now fixed the link. I didn't fix the game... it's still sort of broken.