playMaker

Author Topic: Simple AI for platforms  (Read 4261 times)

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
Simple AI for platforms
« on: September 21, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »
I have looked around for a AI for my new game, but I do not find what I do seek. Most AI is for 3D games.

What I try to do is some basic stuff to start with.
The enemy( where the AI is) shall be working on there own.

They shall patrol an area and turn around if the way is blocked.
This way I can put the enemy easy in different areas without any problem and be sure they will patrol an area all the time.

The next this is that I want them ontop on a platform. This has no block on the end of the area so the enemy(AI) must stop att the edge of the platform and turn around again.

I guess I must use raycast to do this.

I big problem is that I never done any AI with playmaker before and I have no clue where to start with it.
I would also prefer only to use Playmaker for this. For my goal is to use playmaker as much I can to make this game. To build the "level" i use a tile mapper system, but thats all I want to use beside Playmaker.

I hope some can help out and I also sure that this "guide" will be very useful for others to. .-)

Andrew.Lukasik

• my twitter @andrewlukasik
Re: Simple AI for platforms
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:45:50 AM »
Hi,

<A,D and Space>
Something like this?
I can share this project, but I'm not sure how to export everything without Playmaker files.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:30:44 PM by Andrew_Raphael_Lukasik »

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »
Hi,

<A,D and Space>
Something like this?
I can share this project, but I'm not sure how to export everything without Playmaker files.

I would be glad to look at it. Always fun to see how other done things with a real project.
When you export it you will get a popup where all files is showed. So you remove the playmaker.dll and it will be okey.

Andrew.Lukasik

• my twitter @andrewlukasik
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
Okey. I made a tiny thread for it, so maybe someone else will find it worth examining. Just go here.

A.