playMaker

Author Topic: Moving platform[SOLVED]  (Read 4649 times)

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
Moving platform[SOLVED]
« on: September 23, 2012, 02:52:44 PM »
I use ITween with Playmaker to move a platform.
That works great, but when I jump up on it with the player I got one problem that I do not know how to solve in a good way.
The player do not follow the platform. He falling down.
So how do I fix this???
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:40:50 AM by jeanfabre »

Sjones

Re: Moving platform
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »
faling through or standing still and falling of once the platform has moved from under it?

look at physical materials and friction this goes into the collider (if there is a setting, I know that physcial materials exist not sure about friction) otherwise look at the rigid body settings, increase mass see if it keeps the player grounded better.

the only other suggestion is to check the collision settings, change it from discrete see if it needs that

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »
faling through or standing still and falling of once the platform has moved from under it?

look at physical materials and friction this goes into the collider (if there is a setting, I know that physcial materials exist not sure about friction) otherwise look at the rigid body settings, increase mass see if it keeps the player grounded better.

the only other suggestion is to check the collision settings, change it from discrete see if it needs that

I do not fall through the platform. its like the player stand still and the platform is moving and when the platform do run out the player fall down.

I will check about the friction, but I am not sure what to look for. lol

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
OMG.
Well I did find the problem.
If I use "Is Kinematic" turned on, the platform work and the player is traveling with the platform.
I did try all things you did say with no effect, but this worked.. lol
I am so stupid...