playMaker

Author Topic: Public Release  (Read 2350 times)

seththefirst

• Playmaker Newbie
Public Release
« on: October 08, 2012, 07:58:18 AM »
Hey there.
Im using playmaker to do my conclusion work for the university.
The bad thing is that i have to give my source code to my teacher, and he will leave this at the library for be user for research by other people.
So, i would like to know, if there any way to release the "plugin" with a watermark or something else, so the people who takes the source code can't use this for theyre own purpouses.

Is there any kind of "public" version ? Or something else ?
They just need to see the code, there no need to change this. Maybe i can release any kind of file, to just give then, the option to see the FSM.

Thank you.

kiriri

Re: Public Release
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 08:17:20 AM »
my educated guess is that no it's not possible... There was a watermarked beta version but due to some reason it has been officially removed. Maybe you could find a link on google, but I'm not sure of the legality of the entire action.

A trial version has come up multiple times and is on the official todo list (well at least under the FAQ), but I haven't seen any updates on it. I might be wrong here but I thought it might be vital for you to know this sooner rather than later when one of the devs can comment on it :S
Best,
Sven

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 02:53:25 AM »
Hi,

This is indeed a big issue with PlayMaker that it doesn't have an evaluation license or system, which make it very difficult to spread and give away without licensing issue...

I would get in touch with Hutong games directly to arrange something.

bye,

Jean

seththefirst

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »
thanks guys.
Maybe they could do something like ngui did. Put a splash windows when the game is started. Then, nobody will be able to use the "evaluation version" for a commercial thing.

Idk... :P