playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Other Unity extensions not playing nice with PlayMaker?  (Read 4322 times)

markinjapan

[SOLVED]Other Unity extensions not playing nice with PlayMaker?
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:45:51 AM »
UPDATE

See the following link for cause of this.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2517.0

Hi,

I've been experimenting with a couple of extensions for Unity (GameDraw and ProBuilder).

But, whenever I import them, all my Playmaker windows disappear and Playmaker is no longer available. It's there in the Project but the Playmaker drop down menu and all other Playmaker related windows are gone.

When I delete the extension folder in the Projects windows and reset my window layout, Playmaker returns.

Is there something I am not doing or is Playmaker just not compatible with some extensions?

Link to free version of Probuilder

http://www.sixbysevenstudio.com/wp-flexible/project/progrids-for-unity-3d/

Gamedraw

http://www.gamedraw3d.com/

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:09:19 AM by markinjapan »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Other Unity extensions not playing nice with PlayMaker?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:33:22 AM »
Hi,

Tested the probuilder free version and playmaker is up, but do not really work as is, you need to deactivate probuilder before running the scene tho, else you won't be able to work with the transform for example.

bye,

Jean,

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:21 AM »
A bit off-top: Can you tell which one you liked more GameDraw or ProBuilder?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:32:25 AM »
Hi,

Haven't tested the other, but to be honest, working with proper 3d soft is of course better, no questions about that. But I do think Unity should support them initiative and one day propose a proper editing environment, with proper uv editing, proper mesh editing, proper modeling tools, etc etc.

bye,

Jean

markinjapan

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »
I agree.

I use Sketchup right now as it's really quick to export basic meshes and Sketchup is great.

Probuilder is nice, but feels a little icky because each block you make consists of (say, for a cube) 6 seperate planes, which feels messy. But, it's refreshing to actually edit in Unity and with probuilder it's really easy to throw a scene together which is great for prototyping if you don't have any 3D software.

Gamedraw is different, it's seems more well rounded, a lot more editing tools.

Both of them are pretty young and will evolve through user feedback. I think both are similar but have different goals. Probuilder wants to be Hammer (no CSG atm though) and GameDraw wants to be a in-editor complex shape maker. That's what I get from using them both anyway.

Hope that helps.