playMaker

Author Topic: exporting package corrupt the fsm component [FIXED]  (Read 4704 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
exporting package corrupt the fsm component [FIXED]
« on: May 11, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »
Hi,

Thanks to hairyMug for his finding ( http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=244.0 ), I think we have an issue with exporting a gameobject with a fsm component in a package. when importing back, the component is missing the reference to the script. I think simply because there isn't ( if you switch to debug, you'll get a white content in place of the script reference).

So this is something you are aware of Alex right? maybe I missed it in the doc.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:39:04 PM by alexchouls »

e.Ko

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: exporting package corrupt the fsm component
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:23:30 PM »
Does the project you're importing the unitypackage into have Playmaker installed? Playmaker must be imported into a project before any unitypackages containing PlayMakerFSM components. If you need to fix this after the fact, you should be able to just reselect the PlayMakerFSM script to fix the missing script error (the data should all still be there).

If this isn't the problem, let me know, and we'll look into it...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:25:34 AM »
Hi,

Confused now. You are right, my playmaker dll disappeared and the fsmStateAction was missing somehow, I just can't explain why it disappeared. I have reimported playmaker and now everything is back including the previously faulty imported package.

Trying to replicate. But now all is fine, can't replicate this again.

Bye,

Jean

Jake

• Junior Playmaker
    • Fluffy Underware
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 04:23:08 AM »
Could it be this problem came back with 1.6.2 ? I'm unable to export a package containing FSM'ed gameObjects (and Prefabs with FSMs) and import it back without breaking the component reference to PlayMakerFSM. I tested with Unity 3.5.7 and 4.2 and the PlayMaker package was in the project before importing my package. This workflow worked for me in the past...

We need to find a quick solution for this. I advertise most of my products with "PlayMaker ready", but right now I'm unable to provide working example scenes, which upsets my customers.

UPDATE: I tested another package of mine (same scenario: Base Package, PlayMaker Addon package including custom actions and examples) and that worked. Seems like  a problem of that particular package. Any ideas?

Cheers
Jake

PS: @Alex/Jean: If you can't reproduce this, drop me a note and I'll send you the packages in question.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:58:42 AM by Jake »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: exporting package corrupt the fsm component [FIXED]
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »
Hi,

Send me the package, that never hurst for me to double check, I might find something.

bye,

Jean

moursbourn

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 12:37:14 AM »
We are seeing a similar issue.  Here are the steps.

I created a new project.
Imported playmaker 1.6.3f7 from the asset store and made a FSM on a gameObject.
Turned that GameObject into a prefab.
Exported it as a package.
Switched Project to normal working project. (Project also has playmaker 1.6.3f7 in it)
Imported Package and the FSM connection is missing. FSM GONE.
***** Checked the other game objects that are already in this main project and their FSM are working. *****
Delete Playmaker folder and Photon Unity Networking folder
Imported playmaker 1.6.3f7 from the asset store.
The Imported FSM'ed prefab from the 1st project now works. IT has the FSM connection.
Check the other FSM Objects in this main project,  *** Now they have lost connections and do not work ****
Delete Playmaker folder and Photon Unity Networking folder
Update to latest in SVN to get Playmaker back.
The Imported FSM'ed prefab from the 1st project now *DOESN NOT* work. IT has lost the FSM connection.
***** Checked the other game objects that are already in this main project and their FSM are working. *****

-matt