playMaker

Author Topic: PlayRandomAnimation Action ?  (Read 2382 times)

mickman

• Junior Playmaker
PlayRandomAnimation Action ?
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »
PlayRandomAnimation Action:   I have 4 random Idle animations but only 2 will play.  " idle & idle 2
Do the animations have to be specially named or numbered ?

Random animations are in the following order: 

1. idle    =  50 weight
2. idle2    = 20
3. dance    = 20
4. look        = 10

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:10:04 PM by mickman »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PlayRandomAnimation Action ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 03:39:53 AM »
Hi,

the animations name have to exists and be properly set up ont he gameObject you will call that action obviously.

Have you tried it yet? do you have problems with it firing the animations?

bye,

Jean

mickman

• Junior Playmaker
Hi Jean,  
 sorry my Q. was a bit ambiguous & lacking in info.. probably due to too many late nights
AM-PM "after midnight playmaking"  ::)    

Worth Noting:  I build to ipad2 in Test mode so during runtime I can see small labels... for example, the action names on the character as it passes from one action to the next...  so I can see it flicking from IDLE state to WALK & back to the Idle state every 2-3 seconds note: my WALK animation is not firing in the WALK action  so the character simply sits dormant.
   But here's the thing... it transitions without me actually touching the joypad.  So I presume flicking in and out of IDLE & WALK provides only a brief time in IDLE state (containing the 4 random animations) is not allowing enough time for the other two idle animations to fire off since it flips to the WALK State then back again and goes back to the 1st random animation.

Is this correct ?  

If this is so .. then I believe it's not my PlayRandomAnimation  action setup that is at fault but my wiring of idle to walk animation states.  

I notice you've uploaded a new JoyPad package with character jump & animations samples.
   Frikn Awesome !   

I'll go over the package, this will help me develop a better understanding of changing character animation states.

By The Way... Thanks heaps for looking into the JoyStick Saga.. this has really saved me burning the midnight oil...    well actually it still burns, I just move onto my next learning curve.

( this stuff's addictive)  ;D

MickMan
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:08:59 AM by mickman »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PlayRandomAnimation Action ?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:39 AM »
Hi,

Re transitions weirdness, are you using FINISHED?
 I would say you have some fsm transition routines confusion, and you should be able to witness that in the editor, you don't need to publish on the ipad for this. If it works on the editor but not on the ipad, then something is definitly wrong.

bye,

Jean