playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker project be edited later by 3rd party who does not use PM ? [SOLVED]  (Read 2527 times)

mickman

• Junior Playmaker
Hi,
    Just wondering if I send a project to a friend. Will he be able to edit the scene for me as he does not have PlayMaker installed ?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:08:18 PM by mickman »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

No. PlayMaker licenses are not redistributable I am afraid. You are not allowed to redistribute a project using playmaker if the developer you send that project to do no have a license of playmaker himself.

bye,

Jean

mickman

• Junior Playmaker
So there's no way of converting a project made with PM into regular JS or C++ for updating.

So for example if I would like some extra work done to my project by a 3rd party. That's impossible unless they own PM.. yes ?    ???

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Yes, unfortunatly that's the case. It's actually the case with pretty much all Asset stores editor tools really, Unity did not really implement a way for asset store asset to be managed safely

PlayMaker project, can not convert into c# as well. it is already all in c# under the hood actually.

This is also a problem when willing to share demo projects, since PlayMaker do not have a free license or restricted license, it's also very difficult to show users how playmaker works without them having to purchase it.

Hopefully one day, a trial system will be in place :)

bye,

Jean