playMaker

Author Topic: [Solved]Playmaker is lying to me....  (Read 2792 times)

shinodan

• Shinozone
[Solved]Playmaker is lying to me....
« on: December 16, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
I have a ball, that has a get speed fsm on it, its saved to a float.

Now i have an action that should only fire its transition when the ball speed is equal to 0 but its just firing anyway no matter what i do, im ready to throw my computer out the window because of it. ITS JUST PLAIN NOT DOING WHAT I TELL IT.

Ive paused it and confirmed that the ball is hitting 500-600 speed. not 0. it still fires the transition.

Why oh why?

[edit]
I added a wait action in between and it worked, must have been taking the value quicker than i thought. :P
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:48:29 PM by shinodan »

velketor

• Junior Playmaker
  • Multimedia Marathon Man
    • Shawn Kilian Portfolio
Re: [Solved]Playmaker is lying to me....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »
i'm glad you figured it out.  i too get frustrated with PlayMaker sometimes because of bugs but i backup my projects every couple hours so i always just go back to old files because PlayMaker definitely corrupts my game often.  the actions just start throwing random errors out of no where and i hate it!  but i love PlayMaker anyway because it's far less frustrating than trying to program it myself =)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:18:03 AM »
PlayMaker definitely corrupts my game often

Please file bugs so we can fix this! Any clues about when this happens are helpful...

One thing that I know can happen:

If Unity crashes, any unsaved project changes are lost. A lot of Playmaker edits change project files and losing those changes is bad. Even if you've been saving your scene it might now be out of sync with project edits that were lost (e.g., global variable names, event names, edits to prefabs). Normally Unity only saves a project on exit, so it's good to manually save the project often! (This kind of corruption is a problem in non-Playmaker projects too.)

velketor

• Junior Playmaker
  • Multimedia Marathon Man
    • Shawn Kilian Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »
thanks Alex.  how can i file a bug when i think i find one?  i'd love to help improve PlayMaker since it's such an amazing tool!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 12:00:31 PM »
In the main PlayMaker menu, use Submit Bug Report. That will send a report to our online bug database - remember to include your email address! In the next update you'll get a link to the bug you created so you can check its status.

Thanks!
Alex