playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker starter kits. Any interest?  (Read 17748 times)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
Re: Playmaker starter kits. Any interest?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 01:50:54 AM »
hey you've got my money already for the angry birds clone looks great,id also appreciate something with joystick and buttons on screen.like an rpg clone of some sort
thanks for the update

Suggestions noted. Playmaker is perfect for RPGs.

Hmm yeah, what I had trouble with was a good, reusable system for conversation screens and interactions between shops and characters. I ended up creating one but its kind of clunky. A nice polished conversation manager would be pretty useful, packaged with a primitive rpg.

RPG kit is a nice idea. But won't that be too much to do within a month? Remember, I have to do it within a month.

Nice animations colpolstudios. Interesting pipeline you got there. I'm also fond of Daz. It's just very trickey to model, rig and animate from scratch.

A question. What do you guys think of 2D RPGs? Than Ultima Online/Elder Scrolls.

gamedivision

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 05:02:37 AM »
I don't mean make the hole RPG, I mean make the controls and have a character run around,almost like a prefab of an onscreen joystick and buttons.you could make a couple of them sidescroller controlls ,RPG ,something were we can just drop it into a game and map the buttons,plus I've never seen one tutorial on how to set up a joystick in playmaker so it would be a real learning curve.
I also think something like a good scoring system,point and click inventory,you could call it the fundamentals pack lol.

Thank you

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
I also think something like a good scoring system,point and click inventory,you could call it the fundamentals pack lol

yeah I think thats more along the lines of what I was getting at, the rpg would be the target platform, but the guts of it would be more like fundamental things you could use anywhere.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:31 AM »
The last one is finished.

http://www.flyingrobotstudios.com/?p=818

Now on it's way to the asset store.

Next month, I'm thinking of a Tower Defense Kit, Using arongranberg for the pathfinding.

What do you say?

gamedivision

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
great stuff,whats your asset store price,also let me know when its on the asset store ill buy it straight away,i think its brilliant what your doing thank you

PM_Games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »
The last one is finished.

http://www.flyingrobotstudios.com/?p=818

Now on it's way to the asset store.

Next month, I'm thinking of a Tower Defense Kit, Using arongranberg for the pathfinding.

What do you say?

hi,
that's cool, will this Starter Kit be fully documented?  It would be a a good way to learn playmaker within the context of a full simply game instead learning about individual topics in isolation

Is it up in the asset store yet? price?

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 10:50:48 PM »
Thanks for showing interest.

Yes, this kit will be Fully Documented. Working on that now. Will soon be submitted to the Asset Store as a Generic Slingshot Starter Kit.

Another Playmaker kit is in development right now. It's a Tower Defense Starter Kit. You might want to check that

http://www.flyingrobotstudios.com/?p=887

Also, let me know if you have any suggestion for the next month kit. I have plans to make 12 Playmaker based starter kits throughout this year. One developed in each month. So, ideas and suggestions are welcome.

PM_Games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 11:22:37 PM »
Cool,
Will check the tower defence build later when I get back to my computer.

Possibly take iOS into consideration for these kits, if they are iOS compatible/controls you will get even more interest/sales

Well u did the slingshot, now doing tower defence u may as well go through most popular game types like pinball, endless temple run type, endless jumper, tiny wings, breakout, top down 2D car race, 3d car race, FPS,... :)

Red

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 11:39:59 AM »
This might be something that i'd be interested in also... though i'd probably want to only list them for a really low price. (things like the camera controlling systems, weapon management, etc... the complex stuff, not the really simple stuff that you can do with following the Hutong tutorials on Youtube.)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
This might be something that i'd be interested in also... though i'd probably want to only list them for a really low price. (things like the camera controlling systems, weapon management, etc... the complex stuff, not the really simple stuff that you can do with following the Hutong tutorials on Youtube.)

Thanks for showing interest. The first kit, A Slingshot Starter Kit is submitted to Asset Store. Waiting for approval.

It's a complete game kit, fully documented, which you can take apart to understand how the game mechanics are implemented. I wouldn't call it a overly complex game. But it's not what you can call 'elementary stuff'. With it, you can develop a game in the same genre. Or use it's knowledge in a different game. I believe you'll refer back to it's techniques for a long time and it can really become an asset as code reference.

The second one A Tower Defense Kit is going to be a little more advanced than the first. With A* pathfinding, basic AI, Turret commands etc. I believe it'll be fun digging that kit too. Please post feedback on the unity thread or in my blog for features you like in a TD game.

Also, I'm looking for suggestions on the future kits. Please let me know what do you like to see as Playmaker Kit.

Ishinash

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 03:16:23 AM »
Hey Flying Robot,

I know I'm necro'ing (sorta), but how's the project coming to provide additional kits?  I see one your website you've added a bit more since your last posting, but just curious!

Thanks.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 09:19:22 AM »
Thanks for showing interest.
I'm working on the 'Heist' kit now. Should be out within 7-10 days.

Work on the kits have slowed down as most of my time is going to the game warfront defenders.

dabaq

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
Hi.

What are you working on atm :)?

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 02:05:55 AM »
Hi.

What are you working on atm :)?

I'm chalking out a TBS kit, kinda XCOM, Frozen Synapse style. Always intrigued by how TBS works, particularly squad type tactics, TBS AI, etc time to have a dig at it.

spacerobot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »
Wow what a great idea!

I would LOVE to see a metroidvania starter kit. Not a full game, just changing rooms and loading levels. Basic power up functionality, mini map if you feel like getting crazy.