playMaker

Author Topic: Gui group needs work  (Read 3369 times)

digimbyte

• Junior Playmaker
Gui group needs work
« on: December 31, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »
Ive been messing around trying to setup a menu
and i have to say some things im finding very difficult and almost painful to use

the GUI is nice for quick prototyping but when you want to align things and setup something a little more in depth then 2 buttons and a banner we run into issues

The first being that all alignments are unfortunately percentages 0.0-1.0 from the top left corner
that's good to center things but if you want it to have a certain pixel offset it becomes a hindrance as it relies heavily on the users aspect ratio and what the game preview is at

> Ideally we should be able to setup a GUI from anchor points (horizontal, Vertical separate) as well as an overall percentage as alternative (current default)
Anchor points being left, center, and right, then top, middle, bottom
and from there, we have pixel offset, and then, it should have an option to scale inside a group to accommodate screen ratio's and sizes

would be nice if GUI textures had a pixel size and offset too *hint hint*
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:36:02 PM by digimbyte »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Gui group needs work
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:35:38 AM »
Hi,

I made some custom actions for this:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2420.0

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=776.0

when I want to do some layout with gui textures, I position then at 0,0 and then use the offset to move it on screen, which gives me screen anchors really ( if you set the position to 1 on x, it will anchor to the right side of the screen)

But, really, the best approach is to get nGUI for example or a similar 2d framework that will do that for you in a very powerful and flexible way.

bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:37:51 AM by jeanfabre »

digimbyte

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:38:17 PM »
That is beautiful, you made that yourself?

that so needs to be part of playMaker, I was looking over the code, its perfect.z
thank you so much

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:18:02 AM »
Hi,

It's impossible to fit everything in the default package unfortunatly, that's why this forum is critical, so that we can share and maintain all the custom actions we need on such a wide range of projects and needs.

One day, we will have an online repository with a nice interface in Unity to get them, sync, update, share, etc etc... one day... one day...

bye,

Jean