playMaker

Author Topic: Soul Champs  (Read 4337 times)

Darkdevil79

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Dark Sprite Studios
    • Soul Champs
Soul Champs
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:58 AM »
I bought playMaker about 2 month ago when it was 50% off and started to convert all of my code into playMaker FSM . I just got the battle working well , so I have one global FSM that works with all the monster in my game.

I will try and get some screenshot up soon
Soul Champ - Coming Soon

Darkdevil79

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Dark Sprite Studios
    • Soul Champs
Re: Soul Champs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:28:52 AM »
I finally got the FSM to work with every monster in the game , so now I only have 1 FSM for every different attack in the game , this is making my life so much easier

Will try and do a video soon

Soul Champ - Coming Soon

kiriri

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 08:26:10 AM »
looks nice!

- But I hope you have just stated it wrongly. You have one FSM for each attack in the game? You must surely mean you have one FSM for each monster right?
Because depending on how many attacks each monster has and how many of them there are it could slow down the game and the editor if you have a massive amount of FSMs. I note this because it happens to each of us sometime ;) If an FSM is too large (100+ states) it slows down. If there are too many FSMs, it slows down the time needed to start the game in the editor. This also concerns inactive FSMs.
Thought you might want to know that.
Best,
Sven

Darkdevil79

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Dark Sprite Studios
    • Soul Champs
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
Sorry I did state it wrong , I have 1 FSM that is link to the battle arena and I pass in the gameobject that it is attacking and then another one that is defending , so they all share the same FSM

I hope that makes better sense
Soul Champ - Coming Soon

kiriri

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
nice, I hadn't thought of approaching battle that way before. It sounds very handy in the long run!
Best,
Sven