playMaker

Author Topic: How To Set Up PlayMaker Layout To Match Tutorial Videos?  (Read 4878 times)

Psmith

• Playmaker Newbie
How To Set Up PlayMaker Layout To Match Tutorial Videos?
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:13:29 AM »
Since I'm approaching both Unity3D and PlayMaker as an absolute beginner, could someone demonstrate how to set up the entire PlayMaker workspace so it resembles the one in all of the video tutorials?  I can't figure this out, alone.

Psmith

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
Re: How To Set Up PlayMaker Layout To Match Tutorial Videos?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:44:23 AM »
What about these tutorials from Digitalwarlords?

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=296.0;topicseen

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »
Hi,

Do you mean that you don't know how to layout  Unity to have all the various windows docked the same way? Maybe I misunderstand.

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:21:22 PM »
Since I'm approaching both Unity3D and PlayMaker as an absolute beginner, could someone demonstrate how to set up the entire PlayMaker workspace so it resembles the one in all of the video tutorials?  I can't figure this out, alone.
That's not a very obvious Unity thingy but all you have to do is drag the floating window by that window *name* to be able to dock it anywhere. From there on it should be pretty simple to figure the rest out.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

Psmith

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
I'm still working on it and figured out how to drag the "tab" to dock it elsewhere, but it only seems to want to dock in very particular areas, not resembling the layout in the videos.  I'm sure I'll get something to be serviceable, eventually.

Thanks,

Psmith

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »
I misunderstood... yeah this is a Unity function thing, nothing to do with Playmaker. Look up how you move windows around in Unity and the exact same works for Playmaker windows.