playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Arraymaker (question)  (Read 8562 times)

gamedivision

Playmaker Arraymaker (question)
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:15:34 AM »
Im currently displaying four weeks in a month separated by weeks, Array list proxy 1 week1,proxy2 week2 then i use the Split Text To Array List 4 of them week1 so on and so forth then use an Array List Concat to join all the for weeks together and display it in another Play Maker Array List Proxy.i then store that info into a sting and display that using NGUI on the screen, i also have a simple cycle button set up to scroll through the days of the month.
now my problem is that when i press play nothing shows until i press one of the buttons,i need to be able to display the data straight away,if i manually put the data in it displays perfect but when reading from a text list it doesnt show until i click the button

any ideas

thank you

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker Arraymaker (question)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:24:32 AM »
Hi,

I guess you are not wiring properly the various states together.  Are you sure you process everything when the scene starts to begin with? instead of just processing when the button is pressed?

Bye,

Jean

gamedivision

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:42:56 AM »
Well I can't do every frame otherwise it just locks up,another thing that's weird is the final play maker array list proxy the one that displays all the info,every time I touch the button it increases in size,so 31 days touch it once to go to the 2nd of the month goes to 62 entries so on and so forth,that doesn't effect the functionality but it can't be doing the performance any good
I thought I could store the text in a string variable instead of  play maker array list proxy,but that won't work.
I don't know I've tried everything maybe I should do a video to better show you.

gamedivision

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »
here is a video showing what my issue is
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:35:35 AM by gamedivision »

gamedivision

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:38:18 AM »
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:42:25 AM by gamedivision »

gamedivision

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:58 AM »
I'm starting to think now that because all those actions are on button down,I should make an empty game object and place everything there,and send an event from the button.

gamedivision

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:50:51 PM »
i finally got round to putting all the information on an empty game object then have the button reference that data and it sorted both the display problem and the content adding problem i had,all working perfect now  ;D

gamedivision

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
ohh christ
i tell a lie its not displaying the info on startup,it did it the once then hasn't worked since,the build up of info in the play maker array list is fixed just won't  display text on startup.

do i need to fire an event in the empty game object that has all the split text to array lists and playmaker array list proxy.
or will it just fire everything within the first state

thanks

gamedivision

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 04:44:24 AM »
At runtime it's getting the data storing it ok but just not displaying it,I've tried everything,it's stores the current string info in a string variable,then I set property on the ngui to display that string variable,like I said before if I manually input each piece of data in the play maker array list proxy it works fine but now I'm using text lists, it just doesn't want to display that info.

Any help would be appreciated  ;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »
Hi,

By the look of it, I would try to wait one frame before using the arrays. have you tried that?

bye,

Jean

gamedivision

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
Hi,

By the look of it, I would try to wait one frame before using the arrays. have you tried that?

bye,

Jean

Interesting ill try that I popped in during my lunch and stuck the split txt to array list at the top and its started to display but I need to run more tests when I get home,I was thinking to put east list in its own empty game object then just reference them.
What's happens exactly with an FSM on start up,does it fire all the rules within it or wait for something to fire it.

gamedivision

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
Hi,

bye,

Jean

hi jean how would i wait 1 frame before using the arrays

thanks

gamedivision

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 03:05:56 PM »
On the state with the array lists i added a new state making it the start state with a new event( move )that runs into the OnClick event,i then added a wait for .1 sec and finally after all this time it works god i didn't think this was ever going to end

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 01:34:13 AM »
Hi,

you can also use the "next frame event", it will likely give you better time performances.

bye,

Jean

gamedivision

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:26:33 AM »
Thank you jean ill try it