playMaker

Author Topic: About mixing motion (itween) .. Possible?[SOLVED]  (Read 2349 times)

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
About mixing motion (itween) .. Possible?[SOLVED]
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:14:10 PM »
Hi, I have to make some insect to fly around, and at certain point get to the player.

Right now, I created a manager that generates a vector 3 where x, y, z are random variables..

Then , I made another manager making the insects (preset) Itween Move to  where the direction is coming from the generated vector...

When they get that point, they are gonna follow another random point...

Now, I wanted the insect to "swing" , I Mean, going zig-zag around their generated path..

I tried creating another state machine, usinig Itween move add, (where vector3 is just z10, and i'm using a loop - ping pong ) but it doesen't work..

I also tried to make the preset insect the son of an empty "insect engine" , leaving the move add on the insect himself, and the itwenn move to to his empty parent... But strangely nothing happen..

I wonder if anyone have a suggestion.. ???

Creating manually several paths, and using the Itween move to2 getting a random path,it won't work on this case, since on mouse hit the insect have to fall down to the ground, and then , after few seconds, just fly again to a random point...

thanks !!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:30:55 AM by jeanfabre »

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: About mixing motion (itween) .. Possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »
Just for who cares, I found out that everything works fine if instead of a vector 3, i use an object. I tough it was the same...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: About mixing motion (itween) .. Possible?[SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »
Hi,

Glad you found the answer.

bye,

Jean