playMaker

Author Topic: Text List Question  (Read 2159 times)

gamedivision

Text List Question
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »
I have a data table, an xls sheet that has a ton of data line 1 name line 2 some data line 3 some data so on and so forth,im pretty sure nothing in playmaker will read xls sheets unless im wrong,but i can convert those xls sheets into txt sheets anyway,now i know i can read text sheets in arraymaker,but can it read multiple things on the same line,can i store the first word and then store the second word and the third.
if there is nothing i can use in playmaker and you know of an asset that will read tables let me know

thank you

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Text List Question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:57:37 AM »
Hi,

I have a csv importer that transform csv file in xml, and then you can use xml xpath to access it all. The forums search is gone at the moment, until Alex can fix it. So pm me if you need help on this, I think I posted about that last year, but I can't find it just yet.

else, the currently solution is a two pass parsing.

1: parse each line, and put it in arrayMaker
2: for each line, parse it again splitting it using "," or whatever char delimiter is used and put it in more arrays. You can do that in playmaker for sure.

The third solution would be to have this data in sqlite, then it's even better, especially if you have a lot, really a lot.

bye,

Jean