playMaker

Author Topic: hiding mouse issue SOLVED  (Read 8757 times)

colpolstudios

hiding mouse issue SOLVED
« on: February 05, 2013, 10:03:01 AM »
Issue: I am using webplayer build option and wish to hide the mouse pointer.

In effort to find help I found this, http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/121502/Cannot-hide-mouse-cursor-anymore.html

Screen.showCursor=false; in Start. Getting a very intermittent flash of the real cursor (a single or double flash every second or two.) but not hidden.

I have playmaker running and one single fsm. Maybe I have the issue pointed out below ?

solution was that I had PlayMaker running with "control mouse cursor" checked. I unchecked it and it solved the problem. You may have a similar issue.

Possibly I should just use playmaker and not java script to hide the mouse pointer? help most welcome
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:13:17 PM by colpolstudios »

colpolstudios

Re: hiding mouse issue
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:05:30 PM »
In effort to resolve this issue I require help.

where do I find within playmaker? "control mouse cursor" so I can uncheck this property.

I have been researching my issue, but have not yet not found answers.

I have also come to see that restricting the mouse to within the screen window would also be of benift to me.

Sorry that these questions are so basic but I am new so please be patient with me.

If you would be kind enough to help I thank you

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: hiding mouse issue
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:55:25 PM »
Sorry, I didn't realize you were quoting a link, so I thought you had already unchecked Control Mouse Cursor.

Control Mouse Cursor is an option on the PlayMakerGUI component. Typically this is on an object called PlayMakerGUI that is auto-added to the scene.

If you want to use Playmaker to control the cursor, keep this checked, and use the Set Mouse Cursor action to hide and/or lock the cursor.

If you have scripts that control the mouse cursor, uncheck this option so Playmaker doesn't fight for control over the cursor.

colpolstudios

Re: hiding mouse issue SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
Thankyou for the help issue solved.