playMaker

Author Topic: where can I find a manual for offline viewing?  (Read 6257 times)

Hushonik

• Playmaker Newbie
where can I find a manual for offline viewing?
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:53:01 AM »
Hi Community,

Is any one here who can direct me to the place from where I can download the Playmaker user manual for offline viewing?
If not available I request some one to do it for me and for may be many other on the board.

Hush

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: where can I find a manual for offline viewing?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:46:43 AM »
Hi,

I am not aware of anything like that unfortunatly. I would really like one day to see an ebook made for playmaker, beginning as well as medium advanced technics and cookbook. That would be great.

bye,

Jean

Hushonik

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 04:02:20 AM »
Hey Jen,

I am talking about the playMaker's online manual. Is there any place where it is available for offline reading or for printing?

Hush

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:01:08 PM »
A while back we did some research into downloading the wiki for offline viewing, but it didn't seem possible...

But maybe someone reading this knows how to do it? The manual is a fogbugz wiki: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1

Having said that, the manual needs some updating, so at some point we'll probably bite the bullet and rebuild it in a tool that allows more diverse distribution formats (offline, pdf, ebook). Again if anyone has experience with such tools I'd love to hear about them!

Hushonik

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:58:51 AM »
If 4-5 people show interest we can make the manual available offline. We just need to device the manual between us and then copy paste all the text and pages in a word document which will be combines in one doc file and then converted as a pdf for offline viewing.

All those who are ready just ping here so that we can distribute the work and make it available for all.

Hush

4ppleseed

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 06:10:05 PM »
I'd love a printable manual (.doc/.pdf) so I have something to read at work ;)

Maybe its possible to convert the .html pages of the wiki to .pdf? Although I think a Word document would be even better.

PolyMad

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48:40 PM »
There are browsers' plugins that allow you to download entire websites and consult them offline.
I don't know which browser you use, but try "offline reader" or "site downloader" or something like that.

4ppleseed

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 09:24:53 AM »
There are browsers' plugins that allow you to download entire websites and consult them offline.
I don't know which browser you use, but try "offline reader" or "site downloader" or something like that.

The html page layouts are reeeeeally spaced out. I'd love something more official and compact that I can print and use as a reference.

4ppleseed

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
Any update regarding a .pdf of the manual?

3d_Artist1987

• Beta Group
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 03:54:02 AM »
any update?