playMaker

Author Topic: Serialization Error when Building Player - Build Fails  (Read 11923 times)

kromenak

• Playmaker Newbie
Serialization Error when Building Player - Build Fails
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:45 PM »
Hello,

We noticed that our automated build server was not pushing out new builds yesterday; on closer inspection, it appears that the following errors are being spit out because of a PlayMaker class "DevicePlayFullScreenMovie":

-----
Type 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.DevicePlayFullScreenMovie' has an extra field 'movieControlMode' of type 'UnityEngine.FullScreenMovieControlMode' in the player and thus can't be serialized

Type 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.DevicePlayFullScreenMovie' has an extra field 'movieScalingMode' of type 'UnityEngine.FullScreenMovieScalingMode' in the player and thus can't be serialized

Error building player because script class layout is incompatible between the editor and the player.
-----

These errors cause the build process to fail.  Looking at the class DevicePlayFullScreenMovie, it looks like some serializable variables are being included/excluded based on preprocessor flags; I haven't found much info on this error, but according to http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/164073-script-class-layout-is-incompatible-between-the-editor-and-the-player, you are not supposed to conditionally include or exclude serializable variables in Unity, as it can cause errors.

Not sure how to resolve the issue, but wanted to make you aware.  We are actually not even using the class for our project, so I'll probably just remove it for the time being.

blackpanther

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Serialization Error when Building Player - Build Fails
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:09:57 AM »
This only seems to fail for me when using the command line process to do the builds which as far as I know you have to use if you want to do automated builds.

what Variable/Define are we missing to get it to compile using the command line tools.

masterprompt

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:23:40 AM »
I get these same errors making an Android build but not when making an iOS build.  I really need this corrected otherwise I'll have to remove playmaker to make my Android builds on time :-(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:17 AM »
Hi,

no, you don't have to remove playmaker just for that, you simply need to remove that action, IF you are not using it, and if you do, the source of the problem need to be found and solved.

I don't have this error here, have you submitted a bug via the playmaker tool menu? This way Alex will get it straight away.

bye,

Jean