playMaker

Author Topic: triggers and mesh collision doesn't seem to work  (Read 2655 times)

Sjones

triggers and mesh collision doesn't seem to work
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
I have read the unity docs over and over thinking I have done something wrong, but no matter what I do I cant seem to get mesh colliders to work with triggers in playmaker

using unity 3.5 & playmaker 1.5.4

I got an object that is set with a rigid body and 4 primitives as children for collision (boxes) with the collider set to IsTrigger

then I have a mesh collision for the terrain, the collision is set to IsTrigger again.

where as the trigger action works between primitive <--> primitive it is not working for primitive <--> mesh colliders.

can someone confirm that they can get the trigger event working with mesh colliders to either find out if this playmaker or myself going wrong.

thanks

Note* that only ontriggerenter and ontriggerexit works from what I have read as mesh collisions are calculated by surface and not volume

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: triggers and mesh collision doesn't seem to work
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 01:58:05 AM »
Hi,

are you using concave colliders by any chance? the terrain might be the issue, because it is likely concave

Bye,

Jean

Sjones

Re: triggers and mesh collision doesn't seem to work
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
I think I found the root of all my issues, I think there's an issue with playmaker and instantiating objects with colliders and rigidbody along with adding or removing rigidbodies at run time.

I have sent it as a bug report as when testing it in PM 1.4 it works. (before the trigger updates)

if everything is there at the beginning of the level, it all works fine, the issue I was (still) having is that the collision needed to be detected on instantiated objects and having a tone of issues due to the above.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:15:07 AM by Sjones »