playMaker

Author Topic: Debug - Is there a way to see what action/FSM is affecting an object  (Read 2713 times)

escpodgames

• Assets
Hey
I have a gameobject that is getting turned off ..... somewhere and was looking into the debug option and wondered if there was a way to see what fsm/action is affecting a selected gameobject?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Debug - Is there a way to see what action/FSM is affecting an object
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »
There are a few ways to track down this kind of info.

If the deactivated gameobject has an FSM that's receiving an event to deactivate itself you can right click on the event in the Debug Log to see who sent the event.

If it's just an FSM deactivating an object it's a little more difficult. It's probably the result of an Activate Game Object action, so I would right click that action in the Action Browser to see everywhere that action is used. Then start using the log or breakpoints to narrow it down further.

You could also pause the game right after the object is deactivated and examine the FSM logs for likely candidates.

NOTE: Preferences > Debugging > Forward Playmaker Log to Unity Log will dump all FSM logs to the Unity Console, sometimes making it easier to follow the program flow.

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the info.

kavery

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 02:55:45 PM »
Alex, you say if you right click an event in the debug log it shows what sent the event. I don't see that? There appears to be nothing that would trigger an 'idle' event global but it keeps getting triggered.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:09:15 PM by kavery »