playMaker

Author Topic: Flying a missile from a Submarine. (Parabola Arc)  (Read 10488 times)

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Flying a missile from a Submarine. (Parabola Arc)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 06:35:30 PM »
I've recently been really busy, so I have not been able to work on this for a while but one day after experimenting, I realized I am sooooooo stupid.  I just needed to spawn a Missile object at an empty child of the Submarine (so that way the missile always faces the same way as the sub) and put a script on the Missile that (I am so dumb) uses Add force with None,None,4000 (x,y,z).  It flies perfectly now with a nice ark and explodes.  Except for one thing.  The missile will not look as if it is oriented to the path it is on, but is sideways.  Ill take some screenshots to show you.

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 06:37:49 PM »
There is a File size limit.  Here are the rest.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 12:36:23 AM »
Hi,

I created a while ago a custom sample showing how to shoot a missile and have the missile follow its trajectory. Study this sample and let me knpw if you have more questions.

The basics is the following: the velocity of the missile always point in the direction it's moving, so use this velocity to have the missile gameobject looking at it. and that's it.

bye,

Jean