playMaker

Author Topic: Photon?[SOLVED]  (Read 5075 times)

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
  • I scribble syntax, paint pixels, carve faces, and
    • Nekoyoubi Games
Photon?[SOLVED]
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »
Wow, it's been a long while. I think I've been gone for about a year now and man have things changed? So we have Photon support now? Awesome.

I'm kind of confused about that at the moment, though. When I launch the Photon Setup Wizard, I'm greeted by a warning stating that in order to do builds for Windows, I need a pro license. Doesn't Photon only require PRO for Android and iOS builds?

I'm very lost in this whole thing. I've been gone from Unity/Playmaker for the past year, but am really looking forward to getting back into the thick of this with you all. Thanks much in advance for any information/insight/advice you may have on what this is about.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:52:54 AM by jeanfabre »
- Lance @ Nekoyoubi Games (nekoyoubi.com)

Meathead

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Photon?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 01:57:34 PM »
If you want to publish to android or iPhone with photon, then yes you have to have pro unity and pro android/iPhone. For things to work when building you have to delete you're photon folder in the free versions

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
    • Nekoyoubi Games
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
Right. I understand about the Andy/iOS builds. I'm referring to specifically Windows builds. I see a warning that states that I need Windows Standalone Pro build ability, but the actual Photon setup only says that it requires pro for Andy/iOS builds.

Sorry if I'm not making that make sense, but I don't know how else to say it.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:43:38 AM »
Hi,

Yes, the wording of the warning will be updated on the nest release to better reflect this.

bye,

Jean

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
    • Nekoyoubi Games
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 11:20:34 AM »
Jean! Long time no talk-to. ;)  So does that mean then that I do not need Pro for Windows builds (and the warning is just out of place)?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 03:43:59 AM »
Hi,

yes, you are fine for windows build.

bye,

Jean

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
    • Nekoyoubi Games
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation. Now I'm getting body-checked by the Playmaker Photon demo.

I've loaded the Character Controller, PUN, Playmaker, Playmaker Photon Demo (from http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1390.0 ) and I'm getting some issues with the PlayMakerPhotonProxy not having ApplyValueToFsmVar or GetValueFromFsmVar methods.

I feel like I have to be missing something; either a link to a newer demo scene, or an asset, or something.

I'm really just trying to get a demo going so that I can see what the general flow for a Photon-enabled scene/game would be. Has this Playmaker demo just fallen into disrepair, and should I just look into the standard PUN demo and figure it out from there, or have I missed something silly in getting the PM version to work?

As always, any and all assistance or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 03:27:37 AM »
Hi,

Can you detail what's going wrong with copy paste from the console? from what aou say, it looks you are not up to date.

bye,

Jean

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
    • Nekoyoubi Games
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »
Sure thing, but it's really nothing more than what was mentioned above:

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Actions/PhotonNetworkSetRoomCustomProperty.cs(53,80): error CS0117: `PlayMakerPhotonProxy' does not contain a definition for `GetValueFromFsmVar'

That's not the first error, but that's one of them. The first that I tried to deal with was the same, but in another file and for the ApplyValueToFsmVar method. The problem seems to be that the PlayMakerPhotonProxy is either out of date or the code that's using it in the demo scene is. I linked above where I got the demo, but the other stuff is built-in now, so I can't imagine I'm out of date on that.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 03:31:06 AM »
Hi,

you need to redownload the game samples, you are very likely out of synch with the sample.

http://www.hutonggames.com/samples.php

start a fresh project, get playmaker and this sample in, and tell me if you have still these errors.

bye,

Jean

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
    • Nekoyoubi Games
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
It was, in fact, the Playmaker sample from the forum post that was dated. Your link saved me. Thanks again, Jean.