playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker and NGUI  (Read 4740 times)

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
Playmaker and NGUI
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:07:52 AM »
Hello all, I have both playmaker and NGUI so I chose to buy the playmaker/NGUI script pack on the asset store. Only problem is theres no tutorials on it and the demo scenes that came with it are all broken (missing components on everything). Is there any source of information on this stuff? Has anyone from the playmaker team used it?

I got some stuff to work, like having a variable update the string on an NGUI label, but I'm struggling to find how to do other things like transitions between menus when clicking on buttons etc.

bizilux

Re: Playmaker and NGUI
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »
transitions between menus when clicking on buttons etc.

i would like to know how to do that too... or how to do that when you click pause button, menu pops up...  but how to use it across all levels in game...

found this thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/192544-PlayMaker-NGUI-Scripts

might be worth a look...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:50:02 PM by bizilux »

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
Yea that's my problem at the moment, I'm not entirely sure how to to go about making a button clickable which triggers transitions in playmaker. I think I'm just missing something but I don't know what.

Basically just trying to make a pause button actually do something. :P

I read through that thread but nothing useful really came from it.

bizilux

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 08:22:20 PM »
so you dont know how to make button do anything at all?

well in this case... here is solution...  check reply #3
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=4130.msg19339#msg19339

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 03:37:15 AM »
Hi,

Have you contacted the author? It's important that if you have an issue with an asset store package you contact the author, in general they will always be very helpful.

bye,

Jean

darrkbeast

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 10:02:52 AM »
Im not an expert with playmaker or NGUI but I found it pretty easy do do those transitions you speak of. What you have to do for a button to work is make sure you add the event forwarder script in the playmaker/ngui package you got. Once thats attached to the button, you create a playmaker fsm with a global event. Its the global ngui button clicked ( im at work now so I dont rememebr the name, but its in the global/custom/ngui section, should be easy to spot.) Now you add whatever event you want to fire, a pause, level load, what ever you want to fire when you click that button.

The main things to make sure is that NGUI button has its collider, is on a clickable layer, and you have the eventforwarder script on it along with the ngui/playmaker delagates prefab in your scene.