playMaker

Author Topic: Tabs for multiple FSMs on an object  (Read 5069 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Tabs for multiple FSMs on an object
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
Could we have a tab system for multiple FSMs on an object?

I would forget less that there are more then one FSM and easier to switch back and forth..

Q

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Tabs for multiple FSMs on an object
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:47:37 AM »
Hi,

Really, we should be be able to show several fsm. On complex systems, viewing one at a time is very frustrating especially because we can follow the process. But a tab would be a great step forward yes, having quick access to the one you are currently working on.

Bye,

Jean

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 03:07:42 AM »
I like the Tab idea and for the future I agree with Jean that a way to view multiple FSMs at the same time would be the way to go. Maybe I'll make some mock-ups based on programs like Nuke that shows how you can organize several sets of nodes (states) into one big Grid.

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 04:09:30 AM »
yeah will be cool , but considering before unity GUI handling get more power because right now on a mac with 2 screen put teh fsm windows in view while playing along with other stuff liek inspector etc , give me really bad perf in editor... like some 60fps drop just becuase of the undocked PM windows, dock it and that is ok :D...

I do not blame PM becuase just switch you work scene view in unity from console when playing is like night and day about editor perf ( specially with a 27 cinema display XD )