playMaker

Author Topic: Warfront Defenders  (Read 21830 times)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
Warfront Defenders
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:47:19 AM »

What is Warfront Defenders?
It's a series of Tactical Defence Mini Games played on dioramas based on WW2.

Game Website
www.warfrontdefenders.com

Developer Website
www.flyingrobotstudios.com

What is a Tactical Defence genre?
Well, it lies somewhat between Tower Defense and Real Time Strategy games.

Description of the game
This game is a series of mini games. Each mini game is to be played on small battle dioramas related to WW2. Its a single player game. The Player will always play the defensive side. And the AI will be the invaders. The Player can choose his playing time. All he has to do is to hold back the enemy during that time from reaching his command centre. The Player can place, move around and command his troops in the diorama. Gather enemy kill points to unlock achievements and inventories.

Target Platform?
PC, Mac, Ipad and Android Tablets.

What stage is it now?
Its now slowly moving towards a alpha release of the first level. Trying to find the platform to test the potential of this game from the feedback of the players.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:43:31 AM by Flying Robot »

colpolstudios

Re: Warfront Defenders
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »
Hi I have looked at most of your examples and they are excellent.

The assets you provide from what I can see are very good.

I am still learning playmaker and need to get to grips with it first before purchasing, hope you get me?

Both of these are of Interest to me but in a different Context.

•Soldiers with different hidden talents who not only attack under your command but also takes damage and dies permanent death. Observe your soldiers’ talents to exploit their strengths.
•Upgrade talented soldiers to various advanced weapons once they gain enough experience on their current weapon.

Without the need for the user to control the command to attack, but have the enemy compare to the player actions.

Each enemy would look at the player status and act

Think of the stealth tutorial but with the enemy acting on what action the player is taking.

If each enemy was different I mean.

I am a keen fan of splinter cell type of games if that helps and am not into Tower Defense games.

But feel the core concept could be within this setup.

possibly you are working on something for my needs?

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 12:37:55 AM »
While this is a Tower Defense. I'm trying out some deeper AI with the towers and the creeps. Towers will act under your command, also they will have some autonomous behaviors. Like, they will be more likely to take cover automatically if under heavy attack, or facing armor or health is low. Also this decision is impacted by the character aka valor and talent. Sometimes the towers will even disobey your command and under heavy attack.

Then again, let me first implement these and see if they fit in the context or will have to limit them to balance out.

colpolstudios

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 05:56:08 PM »
While this is a Tower Defense. I'm trying out some deeper AI with the towers and the creeps. Towers will act under your command, also they will have some autonomous behaviors. Like, they will be more likely to take cover automatically if under heavy attack, or facing armor or health is low. Also this decision is impacted by the character aka valor and talent. Sometimes the towers will even disobey your command and under heavy attack.

Then again, let me first implement these and see if they fit in the context or will have to limit them to balance out.

This is of keen intrest:

autonomous behaviors. Like, they will be more likely to take cover automatically if under heavy attack, or facing armor or health is low. Also this decision is impacted by the character aka valor and talent.

As I said I think your current asset covers my needs but in a different contex.

For example if the main character could also shoot as well as sneak.

I think you get the idea here ?

Think of the angry bots main character but with sneaking animation.

Thank you for your reply

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 06:18:37 AM »
Here's an update on the Command Panel

Here's an interesting comparison between different levels of bravery. Remember Gorman and Hicks? Now, if the bravery(valor) will decrease if you use fall back (regroup) and will increase when they kill enemies. So, you can make a brave person out of a coward.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »
Cool behaviors, looking more polished all the time.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »
Another update to the enemy behaviors in the TD game :

The enemy infantry runs for cover when under fire, they usually run for static cover locations spread throughout the level, but in some cases, like, when they find a tank is nearer, they run to seek the cover behind or at the side of the tanks. And thus becomes trickier to kill.

colpolstudios

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 05:37:52 PM »
Keeps getting better with each new video.

How do you kill the tank?

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
I'll come to that in a while. Tanks are mainly susceptible to anti tank explosives and grenades.

Working on the inventory part now.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 07:43:46 AM »
The GUI is divided into three section

The bottom panel of Soldiers in Hand, each one with Health, XP and Ammo bars. Also, there's a medal bar depicting the veteran status and access to advanced weaponery.

The right popup panel is the Ammo Dump, from it you can arm your soldier, resupply his ammo and rejuvinate his health. Soldiers on field can't be resupplied, they need to return to base by 'regroup'ing.

The left popup is the soldier specific panel, where you can check and load your soldier with weapons, ammo and rejuvinate his health. Also, this panel is used for upgrading the soldier veteran status following 3 career paths. Soldier can only be equipped with weapons matching his veteran status. Once a soldier gains full xp on his current weapon, you can upgrade his veteran status and access advanced weaponery.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 05:42:28 AM »
Getting started with the art. Deviating a little from the original manga chibi style into this. Please tell me if you like them.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 07:22:30 AM »
Here's how the characters are looking in 3D.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 05:20:57 AM »
Color Concept of the first level : Westerplatte

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 06:23:24 AM »
nice nice nice :)

I am really impressed on how you kept the look and feel between the soldiers drawings and 3d. Well done!

bye,

Jean

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 08:42:16 AM »
Almost necroing my own thread. Anyway...

The first playable is now live. It consists of only the training section of the game. But the gameplay should be well explained there.

Screens

Playtest Link
http://www.warfrontdefenders.com/Webplayer/Playtest.html

Please play and let me know your feedback. There's a small feedback form below the player. Would really appreciate if you take 2 mins to fill that. Or you can reply here in details.

Waiting for your feedback guys.