playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker/Itween RunFSM Null Exception Bug  (Read 3359 times)

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
Playmaker/Itween RunFSM Null Exception Bug
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:34:26 PM »
Hey there,

i run into an issue yesterday that a cant figure out even after 6 Houres of Rechearch and Workaround tryouts.

I found exaktly the same Issue described @itweens here
https://code.google.com/p/itween/issues/detail?id=102

What i do is that i toke a perfektly working FSM that is using a "Move to iTween" to generate a Spline with 3 generated Nodes and turned it into a Template.
(Project Sample Video of what im doing there:
When i use that Template directly on an empty Gameobject in Unity eveything works find BUT if i am calling the same Template through runFSM I get Null Exception Errors.

Since what i could find via Google refered to that as a problem with "Use the Owner for something" i reworked my template so i dont need any "Owner Data" in it anymore but that didnt fix the Issue.

No Idea how i fix that or where i go from here since it would save me a lot of time if i could use my template via runFSM instead of stepping through it all with "Set Var X".

So any Ideas? Had someone found some wisdom on this already?

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
Re: Playmaker/Itween RunFSM Null Exception Bug
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:37:02 PM »
Another Question related - is there by Chance an Option on RunFSM to just draw the Variables marked as "Inspector" it would be a little toogle button at the ActionArea making RunFSM so mutch better :-)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »
Please submit a bug report and then attach a small repro project to the email confirmation you get. I'll take a look at it and see what's going on...

Run FSM was only supposed to show Inspector variables. I also noticed recently that it was showing all variables. I'll fix this in an update (but have to be careful since some projects might now rely on this behavior, so a new toggle like you suggest might be the way to go).

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »
Hey Alex,

thanks for your quik reply. I will do as you suguested, have a nice Weekend :-)

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 04:04:27 PM »
Another Suggestion on RunFSM I got is that when i copy the RunFSM-Action inside a State it should copy the Variable Settings to instead to switch back to the default ones provided by the Template. That would be awsome.

AND to add somethting more to my wishlist - Coloring Actions inside the Stateview to structure Actionsequences with several identical Actions would make it a lot easier to orientate in the State View since the Actions cant be renamed (as far i understand).

greets

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
Good suggestions.  I'll add a Reset button to Run FSM (maybe sometimes you want to keep the edited settings).

You can rename actions in the State panel by double clicking their name (or using the action settings menu). But color coding actions is on the todo list.

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 01:19:05 AM »
I submitted the Issue as you suggested. Meanwhile i found a great workaround that all so hides the unwanted Variables in the RunFSM. I made a SpawnGenerator with all the Logic in it (that one causen the Problems) left it in the Scenen attached to a empty Gameobject. Now i did a new Template that forwards only the needet Variables to the Generator and Start that one with RunFSM. It took a while but seems to work fine :-)

Another little Issue i have and cant get my head arount is that spawning objects and translate them with itween Move to acros the Screen in a Horizontal line/curve works fine. But if i do the same in a vertical line/curve the Objects meant to be following the Path flip at a certain point 180 degrees. Cant figure out why!? Allready tryied to to move my scene away from the 0,0,0 Vector but didnt help. Any Idea? Not sure if its a Bug or my lack of experience.

The attached Generator Prefab works fine with adding a 15x15 Cube and setting the Horizontal Var to false - then the Issue shouldt be good noticable.

greets
Peter