playMaker

Author Topic: Squarebite Inventory Asset package - NEW VERSION 3.0  (Read 15709 times)

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
Squarebite Inventory Asset package - NEW VERSION 3.0
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »
Requires Unity 4.2.1 or higher.

Need ready to use inventory right from the box for your game? Squarebite  inventory is just for you, powerful Inventory system that will suit almost any kind of games. It is made with Playmaker and all values are easily modified and changed in the inspector, no need to code anything and using Playmaker is just delighting. New game developers will love Squarebite inventory, everything is commented and explained, easy to understand and even more easier to love

Features:
- Version 3.00 brings many great features and more stability overall
- Inventory, shop and container systems
- Powerful crafting system
- Interaction with objects, storing items, display on screen, transfers to any container with displaying certain type of items in any container
- Save game solution (using Serializer).
- Equipment system with Player Stats and Progress bars
- Character controller
- Character, items and sounds included.
- Every FSM commented and explained, easy to use and suitable for any type of games
- Hash Tables and Arrays included in GUIDE.
- NEW UPCOMING UPDATES COMING with popular inventory styles from most popular games like Diablo, Skyrim.... :)

In order to save and load game you have to import Unity Serializer and read instructions in Guide.

Asset Store link:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13203
Demo:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157837670/WebPlayer.html
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_X1BK5Hz49Qcw48PB4ibag/videos

There is over 45 pages guide with instructions and explanations inside this package which will show you how to properly use this system.
One important thing to say is that you will be able to save your scene using Unity Serializer (you have to import it ofc and to read GUIDE to setup and store what is necessary in order to save properly) and everything is stored using HashTables, items on scene, equipped items, chest, loot shop items and all items in your inventory will be stored with only few HashTables which is very powerful, you don't have to store every game object etc...

If you have any suggestion, problem or anything else you can post it on my new forum here:

http://squarebite.proboards.com/.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:41:59 AM by Bjakuja »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker Inventory Asset package - Finally!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:56:10 PM »
Sounds very cool! Be sure to post when it's in the store! :D

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Squarebite Inventory Asset package - Soon on store
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:42:42 AM »
Sure Alex, I will post it right away when it comes to the Asset store, I guess that will be on Monday or so.
Here is the youtube channel and some tutorials for this Squarebite system, more coming very soon!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_X1BK5Hz49Qcw48PB4ibag/videos

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »
Really cool seeing everything setup nice and clean and with dropdowns, thats a really nice feature I haven't seen much of. The ease of use that you show in the video is really impressive.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
Thanks Lane!
Here is the Asset on the store

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/13203

Tomorrow I will add another tutorial about items and how to create new items!
Enjoy everyone and if you need any assistance or help pm me or visit my forum.

Cheers!

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Squarebite Inventory Asset package - It's on store now
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 09:51:11 AM »
New tutorial about items is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpj4oEqv4UY

it's about creating items and soon I will add new tutorial about hash tables that my inventory system uses which can help many users to work and understand hash tables.

Cheers!

cwmanley

Re: Squarebite Inventory Asset package - RELEASED
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 04:34:55 AM »
Hello,

I noticed this very small issue.

Thanks

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 04:59:59 AM »
Hello,

I noticed this very small issue.

Thanks

HI maxblah , good eye you have, it's a bug indeed and I solved it right away, now that bone will be found same as other bones.
Thanks for notifying me about this issue, I also need feedback from people about my system, is it good or bad, hard/easy to use....?
if you have any other issues or questions just let me know ;)

Btw with next update which will probably take a week or maybe more due to the QA review process and it will be with this fix I will add some crafting system where you can use workbench, find recipe for item combination, click on item it will display components and result and if you have all components you can craft it and that result item will appear in your inventory. It's done with basic Unity cubes, capsules, spheres etc but I guess functionality is what matters ;)

If you can't wait so long for update just you can fix it just by looking at this image provided and place bones in a same way.

Cheers!

cwmanley

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »
Hi,

The Inventory system works great! Documentation is top notch and everything is highly organized. I spent about an hour working with the demo materials and feel really comfortable using the system.

I am looking forward to the crafting update and the new video, Great Work!

Thanks

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 01:49:11 PM »
Thanks for your support and feedback, crafting system is nearly complete.
For that crafting system I will add some 10-15 min video after the update that explains how system works and how to use it.

Cheers  ;) !!!

cwmanley

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 07:37:16 PM »
Hi,

I am having a conflict between the Serializer and UMA, which I think has it built in.

I uninstalled the Serializer for now, but I am really excited about using UMA with your System.

Thanks

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 08:06:05 PM »
If you're having issues integrating with UMA add me on skype ( zer0bounds ) and ill invite you to the UMA Dev chat.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 05:35:17 AM »
I plan to use UMA in my next game I am developing, didn't use it yet and I will definitely need UMA soon for my next multiplayer game ;)

Btw there is new update with craft system that supports up to 5 components, it' easy to add more if necessary, you setup your recipe item with components and result and when you approach workbench and click recipe item check your inventory for components and if you have them you can create that item which will result in destroying and removing recipe, components in exchange for result item.

Cheers ;)

cwmanley

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 12:55:26 PM »
Thanks Guys

I will sign up for skype and check out the new update. :)

Having the Stats from the Inventory system drive the deformations of a UMA character is lots of fun.

I was kinda skeptical of UMA at first, but now I what to use the UMA pipeline for all my characters.

Bye

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 08:13:43 AM »
I will definitely use UMA in my next game ;)

I also want to note that this package can be used in Multiplayer games as well, using it my current game I am working on. First you have to know how multiplayer works and then you have to change from "create game object" to network instantiate and from destroy to sending RPC to all instances of game object to check who is master client  and then use network destroy.

Also this game of mine will be some sort of multiplayer FPS game and this inventory can handle FPS as well if you modify some FSMs so when I finish this game I will make some changes for this package and it will be upgraded and those stuff will be added.

Cheers!!!