playMaker

Author Topic: Get/Set (property) string from a local variable not displayed on Android device  (Read 10917 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

If you have reported a bug using the PlayMaker bug reporting tool, yes it will be tracked, else I will likely forgot...

Bye,

Jean

hlx

• Playmaker Newbie
The bug report is done now. But...

Now, I have a similar issue about the populist NGUI component.

What I am doing : From a dropdown list, I store the chosen selection (a string as username) via the UIpopupList objectype as a global variable. This one is used to change the sprite.name property of a UIsprite. So the User s' texture (thumbnail) is automaticaly updated when the string changes. (see screenshot)

It works correctly in the editor and as a Windows application but not when it is compiled for android.

What do you think about that ? Could you give me  a workaround for this issue ?

Thanks,

Hlx

hlx

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

Jean, someone,...?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Jean is likely on vacation or something, haven't seen him around since the 14th.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

hlx

• Playmaker Newbie
ok, thank you Lane.

hlx

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

I am being watched :)

Yeah, sorry guys, difficult time between holidays and travelling. I am back home now, so I expect to get back to normal speed.

I am fighing with Windows atm, so I don't expect tackling Android until I can properly work for Windows store and windows phone, what a pain windows is... I am not a mac fan, but the experience just to update to 8.1 is a joke and now visual studio 2013 fails to install with very limited information on what exactly is goind wrong... pain!

bye,

Jean

hlx

• Playmaker Newbie
Good luck Jean. I stay tuned.

hlx