playMaker

Author Topic: Ignore 2nd Touch?[SOLVED]  (Read 3313 times)

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
Ignore 2nd Touch?[SOLVED]
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:23:52 PM »
Hi all,

I'm having a trouble with action get touch info. So I've created a Joystick Touch FSM(purely with Playmaker, it doesn't use Joystick.js and Joystick Bridge action), and it is working correctly using get touch info to get the offset from the first touch and the current touch, but somehow if I try to tap Jump (which is another gui from the joystick), it will reset the get touch info and it will stop character horizontal movement.

I've already using fingerId, but somehow it still reset the get touch info, hence it makes very hard to jump the character while moving forward....

Does the question make any sense?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:43:28 AM by jeanfabre »

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
Re: Ignore 2nd Touch?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »
Kinda figured a solution, but it is not perfect..

Basically on the Gui, I've set two states, the starting one consist of setting the joystick hud back to center, and on Touch Began it will send to the next state..

On next state, using GUI Touch info to get the current hit position, and then compared with the initial GUI position to get the Offset value, and then On Touch Ended, go back to the 1st State.

That is for the Joystick Touch, however I've also used another GUI for Jump Action, and as soon the GUI Jump are being touched, it is also Ended the first Touch (for the Joystick GUI), maybe this is a limitation from Get Touch Info...

But after I set Touch Stationary on the first state to also Send to the Next State, it worked, although there is a bit glitch the HUD snap to center for a fraction of a second....

If there any better Idea, I'm all ears....cause I've tried using Joystick Bridge, but I'm having a hard time positioned the GUI, and make it relative to the screen resolution...so I tried to make it myself....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:21:29 AM by cloud03 »

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »
Update:

I've tried using the Joystick Bridge examples to trigger the character movement, but apparently the other GUITexture interrupt the Joystick bridge touch...

For example I've attached a sample below, just try it by touch and move the joystick first and then tap the up arrow GUI, this will reset the joystick....

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
additional notes:
When using two Joystick touch, this doesn't happens, the 2nd joystick touch does not interrupt the 1st touch, it doesn't reset the other joystick that has been touch first...

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 04:36:44 AM »
Just want to Bump on this matter...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »
Hi,

Give me few days, thanks :)

bye,

Jean

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »
just want to bump on this matter, how is it going jean? thanks

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »
UPDATE: Just tried on another device, and I can confirm that the first device that has the problem, and after I've investigated further it seems the problematic device does indeed have some sort of multi touch issues, cause on the second device it worked nicely....

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 02:43:07 AM »
Hi,

Good, thanks for updating.

bye,

Jean