playMaker

Author Topic: IOS Game Controllers Support ( Logitech PoweShell, Moga Ace Power, etc)  (Read 3344 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi Everyone,

Very excited to share with you this new adventure on IOS with Hardware controllers!

Please find a set of package giving you access to convenient Input settings pre defined for you already listening to basic and/or extended game controllers out of the box! And a custom action that will parse info properly to get the vendor name, the type of controller ( basic, extended, wired, wireless) and the connection status.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1175

It's very early at this stage, so feedback is welcome on how to improve and approach this, but basically, I think the sample scene is very straight forward and you can actually reuse this in your game as is and provide support for Game Controller without any problem now.

WARNING: your game must work without game controller, so make sure you submit apps that works with and without game controllers.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: IOS Game Controllers Support ( Logitech PoweShell, Moga Ace Power, etc)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:44:58 AM »
Hi,

quick update as I realized while carring more work that the dpad definition was not ideal, so I reworked the inputs. I also mapped the jump input to the B button of the controllers, so now all default inputs are present.

I also added a specific package only feature the input settings, for non playmaker users to benefit from this.

bye

Jean

Maurice

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »
Hello Jean, can i use this also with other joystick inputs ? For instance shield or the xbox controller ? I understand Unity3D has an API now for input.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 07:18:47 AM »
Hi,

I am not aware of anything new on the Input front for Unity API, can you refer ro a link or a doc on this?

Xbox controller is something else, they will not be compatible, you could add more entries to match the same input name but using the xbox controller standard.

This link below will give you everything you need for the xbox controller:

http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=Xbox360Controller

Bye,

Jean