playMaker

Author Topic: Google Play Services  (Read 38068 times)

Marsh

• Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable
Google Play Services
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:32:28 PM »
Google Play Services - Bundle
The Google Play Games plugin for Unity allows you to access the Google Play Games API through Unity's social interface. The initial release of the plugin provides support for the following features of the Google Play Games API:

Features:
Sign In
Unlock/reveal/increment achievement
Post score to leaderboard
Cloud save read/write
Show built-in achievement UI
Show built-in leaderboards UI

Features:
13 Easy to use PlayMaker Actions
Example Scene with all functionality included
cross-platform support (Android and iOS) with no need for platform glue code.
(Android) no need to override/customize the player Activity
(Android) no need to override/customize AndroidManifest.xml
(iOS) integrates into XCode build

Note: This first release does not yet include support for multiplayer, listing friends, interactive posts, raw data access, etc.
Note: This plugin requires the a free to use Google SDK. Instructions on how to set it up are available inside.

Download:
http://www.mightyprofessional.com/#!product/prd14/1707826095/google-play-services---bundle

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/14873

If you have any questions feel free to contact me! Thanks for all the support! You guys are great!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:46:05 PM by Marsh »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Google Play Services
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
Hi,

Thanks!

Do you want to put that as a wiki page?

bye,

Jean

aLDime

• Playmaker Newbie
    • http://aldimegame.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:27:28 AM »
It is a pity that there is no Multiplayer - which is most important! Especially on Unity App Store so many plug-ins support the full functionality GPGS .. But I wish you success in finalizing ..

Marsh

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:33:57 AM »
Hi,

Thanks!

Do you want to put that as a wiki page?

bye,

Jean

That would be great, thanks!

It is a pity that there is no Multiplayer - which is most important! Especially on Unity App Store so many plug-ins support the full functionality GPGS .. But I wish you success in finalizing ..

Someone requested that exact plugin so I made it. I will be making a GameCenter plugin soon. Perhaps that will support multiplayer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:55:36 AM by Marsh »

ermak

• Junior Playmaker
    • AL Games
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
Hi, Marsh

I have few questions about your "playmaker actions":

1. Why I can't buy these "actions" from "Unity Asset Store"
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com ?

2. If i buy these "actions" from your web site
http://www.mightyprofessional.com , will be there any free "actions" updates, and how I can get them (download)?

3. Can you show better and big picture of these "actions" (in Playmaker)?
Because I can't see anything... in "GUI : FSM picture".

Thanks!

Marsh

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:02:30 PM »
Legitimate questions indeed. Sorry it took me so long to respond my computer broke on Monday so I am now on a iPad.

It's not on the unity asset store as it's under review right now it takes awhile.

If I update I will email everyone the new version.

Sorry the picture is so small. I will get a bigger screen up at work tomorrow. I would do it now but I do not have access to a computer.

Marsh

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 05:04:35 PM »
Here you go :)

Marsh

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »
Doesnt look like anyone wants this :P

But it is on the asset store now:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/14873

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
Hi @Marsh,
Just bought this - its just what I was after! Thanks :)

One question/problem - when I show a leaderboard (on iOS) it's showing the status bar at the top of the page and the settings icon and 'done' button as well as title are positioned strangely, sitting on top of a half height box. I've attached an image to show you.

The status bar is hidden in my game so any way to correct this please?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:38:21 PM by applaud »

Marsh

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »
How did you disable the status bar? Did you do it in your Unity settings or via XCode?

Does this happen everytime? What happens if you rotate your screen?

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »
The status bar is disabled in unity. Yes it happens every time. The game is landscape only (left or right) and when I rotate the device it still looks the same.

I have a second issue : on iOS if I close the app and restart it I get the Google Play Game "welcome back" box every time. But on Android there is no welcome back box displayed. After the initial log in to Google+ there is a "welcome" box but never a "welcome back" box to inidicate sign in has happened. I think there should be shouldn't there?

Thanks in advance.

Marsh

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 08:08:42 AM »
As for the status bar I really have no idea. It sounds like it may be a bug with the SDK I am wrapping. You could bring it up on the issues page with them or I could if you prefer. They do seem to check and fix the bugs.

As for the welcome not popping up on android I will check it out tonight and get back to you. I can probably call something to get it to pop on init if logged in.

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »
Thanks. Yes if you could post the issue that would be great as you will be able to explain it better and know what you've done/use if you need to give more details.

Look forward to hearing what you can do about the welcome back dialogue.

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 09:00:04 AM »
I've found another 2 bugs - again on ios

1. The leaderboard panel slides up with a grey background and white panel with the leaderboards list just fine. But the achievements panel slides up with a transparent background that shows the game behind and it then turns black.

2. The achievements list on ios is not listed in order (as per the order set up in Google Play) whereas on Android it is in the correct order.

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:46 AM »
Sorry...another bug on Android. Hopefully you can work out all these issues and make an update?

I have found a work around for this.

On Android after the first sign in it won't show leaderboard or achievements. Sign out and back in and they work...although it doesn't do an actual Google Play sign in (so did it actually sign out?). So in effect every other time I turn google play on (sign in) within my game it does sign in but wont show leaderboard or achievements.

My work around - chain sign in success to another sign in - this is silent but completely fixes the strange behaviour mentioned above.

In iOS it works fine and doesn't do this. I'm happy to leave my workaround in place but please let me know if you discover what it is and fix it along with the other fixes you're looking at.

Once its all working I will leave a glowing review on the Asset store as I can see this will be a great plug in :)