playMaker

Author Topic: ADMOB - interstitial ads  (Read 11445 times)

bizilux

ADMOB - interstitial ads
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:26:31 AM »
can anyone help me come up with a solution to display interstitial ads from ADMOB?

my 2 first games are almost finished, so now i started looking at displaying interstitial ads, and i had no idea that this will be such a problem...

so i searched on playmaker forums, nothing useful came up. so i looked at this asset: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/14835 "Google Mobile Ads SDK"

here is the docs for it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sAXk1B-4HsDW1WCyYvM89P-ig6xL2_jpT0Ysq6RxJAM/edit

i thought i could use send message action, or call method?? can anyone help me with that pelase...

you can get "evaluation" version from developer, just send him email, he send me a version, and told me to buy it if i ever end up using it and getting it to work, and i didnt even ask him for one :)

im fine with any other plugin honestly...  although some cost like 50€ just for displaying admob  ads, thats just fucking ridiculous... (prime31)

Marsh

• Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable
Re: ADMOB - interstitial ads
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »
A lot of people are asking for these, I was going to make them but unfortunately my computer broke last week so I have not been able to get any work done. I will do them eventually but probably not within a timeframe you would like.

bizilux

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »
yeh... i could use it like yesterday... basically 1 game is just waiting there until i find some solution to display interstitial ads. 99% ready to go, just need few tweaks here and there, but that will be done when ads are in place...

and other one, bus simulator, has around 2 weeks to go, but still yeh i would quite badly need some solution if someone is willing to help me out and we can figure this stuff together...

im sure its possible with ScriptControl actions?

MrMitch

• Rage Quit Games - Coming Soon
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
You should be able to use ScriptControl, if you have a look at the AdmobAd.cs file that comes with the NeatPlug Admob package you can see what to call to make interstitial ads load and appear.

I got the banner ad code from there.

bizilux

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »
yes, but the problem is i dont know which script control action to use.   im not that skilled with script control actions... thats actually my only weakness with playmaker... because you need to know some programming :)

thats why i said if anyone can help me with them

MrMitch

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 07:28:13 PM »
I'm guessing Send Message or Invoke Method, i've never controlled scripts via playmaker before but in theory if you wrote a script that communicates with admob then used Send Message or Invoke Method you should be able to control the script.

Or you might even be able to communicate with admob directly by using Send Message or Invoke Method to control the AdmobAd.cs file that i mentioned before, i would highly suggest taking a look through the AdmobAd.cs file if you haven't already because before you can control you need to know what you're trying to control.

Also this is me helping, my knowledge is limited and don't really have the time to spend working on this issue so i'm trying to point you in the right direction :)

Marsh

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
Just got my computer working again tonight. If I made this on Sunday would you be willing to pay say $15 for it?

bizilux

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 03:53:23 AM »
yes.

but for which asset? hopefully not the most expensive one :/

Marsh

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 09:32:55 AM »
I think there is a free Google SDK I can use.

My computer just broke AGAIN though. Ergh going to try to fix it again tonight.

bizilux

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
what kind of piece of shit computer ur using? :D

sure if its free SDK, thats even better then!

Marsh

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:00:47 PM »
Its many many years old lol. Luckily a buddy managed to get it working again tonight. Woo!

bizilux

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 05:38:18 AM »
speaking of which... my computer wont boot either :/
trying to get it working in safe mode so that i can atleast upload my project to dropbox...
man thats just plain karma or murphys law :/

Marsh

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »
Alright, so either I will try to finish this today or tomorrow. It normally takes a day or two for the code then a day for the documentation.

MrMitch

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »
Which companies plugin are you making these actions for?

Marsh

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 10:46:45 AM »
I am using the Google Unity SDK its free. So this will be a complete package no others needed.