playMaker

Author Topic: Hearthstone made with Unity AND Playmaker!?  (Read 6733 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Hearthstone made with Unity AND Playmaker!?
« on: March 03, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »
I don't know if anyone here is a Hearthstone fan, but I was doing a little snooping around the installation directory and found some interesting files.

In the Hearthstone/Data/Win folder you can clearly see that the game was made using Unity, this in itself made me smile. But upon further inspection, if you head to the Hearthstone/Hearthstone_Data/Managed folder you will find something even more interesting... PlayMaker.dll!!!

It's not really clear what this means, or how and what exactly they are using Playmaker for. But it's very exciting to see that a huge player such as Blizzard has realized the enormous potential of these tools, and is using them in a AAA production.
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Hearthstone made with Unity AND Playmaker!?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
Yup, there's a couple of threads over on the Unity forums talking about the tools they used for it. I don't think Blizzard has really said anything official about the tools they used, but they do have some cool videos about their process and kind of how/why the game was made - might be fun to watch as you can recognize Unity on the computers in the backgrounds =)
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Hearthstone made with Unity AND Playmaker!?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
Cool! Thanks Lane, Will check it out tonight.
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!