playMaker

Author Topic: Interpolate colors  (Read 4916 times)

jeroenboumans

• Playmaker Newbie
Interpolate colors
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:38 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to make a interpolation between two colors. Let's say I want to have a cube that switches colors when i click on it. The switch from red to green takes place in 5 seconds. I've tried using 'animate color' and 'color interpolate' but I just can't seem to get it work.

I've used two states (green and red). I used a Mouse Down transition on both of them and a color interpolate with two colors (using a variable called "green" and "red").

Any ideas?

thnx :)

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Interpolate colors
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:15:14 AM »
I think one of the included samples does this exact thing no? I could be mistaken but I seem to remember there is one.

pandigital

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
I achieved this by setting 3 colour variables. 1 to store colour1 1 to store colour2 and a third to store the mix between the two. The mix colour should initially be the same as colour1. Then interpolate between the colours!

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »
So i was just trying to make a color pulse on an object.. i tried the Animate Color and Curve Color and they do not seem to work.. Something with the Time processing maybe.. They dont execute nor do they ever finish to execute the Finished Event..

So i found this post and changed to the Color Interpolate and it worked perfect but i dont get to adjust the curve..

Is there something wrong with the other versions?

Q