playMaker

Author Topic: MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'PlayMakerFSM' has bee .. [SOLVED]  (Read 7073 times)

sama.van

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Folio
Getting an error when loading a scene using FSM from a scene using FSM too...

Does someone know what this error means? ???

Because I do not destroy any object in my scene...
And both scene working if used separately.

Thank you much for help  :'(

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:29:08 AM by alexchouls »

sama.van

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Folio
wow and if I click on the taBS "state", "Events", "Variables" from the  Playmaker editor, I am getting the following error each time I click on it...

Code: [Select]
ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Int32].Add (System.String key, Int32 value)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEventManager.UpdateUseCount ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEventManager.Reset ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.ResetView ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.SetMode (InspectorMode mode)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.DoModeSelector ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.OnGUI (Rect area)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.OnGUI ()
FsmEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:174)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

Does someone also have an idea? O_o???

Thank you much!!

sama.van

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Folio
oh great... and all my global variable have been drop on a random node into my scene...

the global variable node is now empty and all event attributes creating error!!

Sounds like my project is definitely broken...

Great!!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Did you somehow import an FSM made with the 1.2 beta? At one point globals were a monobehavior (attached to a game object), but not in the final shipping version of 1.2 (it's now a project resource).

What version does it say in about playmaker?

Do you have a PlayMakerGlobals option in the Components/Playmaker menu?

Try deleting the globals component from the game object.

sama.van

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Folio
well yeah the "a" beta... Then I installed the "c" beta... that is sound beta!

Well main scene broken, lets put on pause the playmaker thing for now :(

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
Do you have the final 1.2 version installed? Or are you still using the beta...?

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
There's nothing wrong with Playmaker, there is however something wrong with your install.

And if you are going to be beta testing a software, you need to realize that things aren't always going to be stable. That's why it is called a beta and it's up to beta testers to report our findings to the developers.

The 1.2 release has worked flawlessly for everyone else, so something has gotten messed up on your end. Sarcasm never comes across well and isn't very constructive.

sama.van

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Folio
@alexchouls  >> nop, I am running with 1.2.0 beta 13c.

I also got many issue with the past Send Event FSM action saying I have better to use the new Send Event action... :(

I have to use those beta version, because a colleague developed  many actions for my small project and he is using those beta version.
New and last features from the betas really helped me to resolve many problem I had before!  ;) :D

@obbeo >> yeah yeah... I first use this tool because programming is about 5-10% of my skill.
Then it really helps a lot...
But when marvelous problem from another dimension appears and I definitely cannot understand a word of what the console say, that is no so funny...
Just need more skill, but my main skill is to produce 3D :)

Plus the error console reports bugs from playmaker's action script.
It never says where into your playmaker script the error is.

And I didn't install any new version when the global issue appeared.
It just started the next day I previously worked on the project.  :o
Maybe something happened into the unity's lib, really dunno.
Knowing I can spend a few hours a week on my folio, I imagine that to create and connect all variable will be about 3-4h of work, then will be done in 2 weeks.... maybe.. if I have the time. :(
For that reason I was upset yesterday  :-[

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
It's not wise to use a beta in full production without realizing you might run into problems. All those actions your friend wrote for beta 13c, correct me Alex if I am wrong, should be useable in the final 1.2 install.

I'm a 3D artist as well, but even in 3D things don't always go smoothly. Especially if you are using beta software.

Hopefully Alex can help you with your problems, I just reacted to your tone which isn't very nice or fair for Alex to hear. He's been great so far helping everyone out with their problems.

sama.van

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Folio
I just reacted to your tone which isn't very nice or fair for Alex to hear.

Oh really sorry then!!!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

Actually, there is good point from Sama.van when errors reports points to the actual action script, not the state where it's implemented. I had that several times. Could we do something about that with a try catch actually? so that the playmaker system can catch an error produce within an action and dispatch the error both in the playmaker console and in the regular console, then we would be able to pin point directly to the state in question.

Bye,

Jean