playMaker

Author Topic: New 2d actions to control wheel and hinge 2d joints  (Read 6003 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
New 2d actions to control wheel and hinge 2d joints
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »
Hi,

Lots of new actions actually, but mainly to control 2d joints,  specifically wheel and hinge joints ( I'll cover the rest as you shout... ;) )

I have attached the main ones to this post, but make sure you use the Ecosystem, they are all there.

I have also moved most Unity 2d actions from the wiki package to the ecosystem. I could not just yet add the collider and trigger based actions as they require some prefabs and proxies and the ecosystem browser is not clever enough yet to doublce check that everything is present in your project to download without causing Unity to complain and fire errors because of missing files. I am working on it tho.

Also, make sure you check the RSS feed for the eocsystem to be ketp informed of the latest activities.

Bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: New 2d actions to control wheel and hinge 2d joints
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:46:53 PM »
Made one for SliderJoint2D. It's interesting that you cannot change the useLimits and useMotor bool in the same frame that you modify the motor variables. If anything is changed then they're automatically set to True... I guess it flips it internally... If you need to set false either useMotor or useLimits then it must be done in a state and frame where the motor variables aren't changed.

We should definitely put these in the regular 2D actions package because you can't use the built in motors for the physics joints without them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:49:43 PM by Lane »
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: New 2d actions to control wheel and hinge 2d joints
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 09:06:36 AM »
Hi,

Cool, I added it to the ecosystem as it was a direct fit. Thanks Lane :)

It will be in the next package bundle for physics 2d.

Bye,

Jean