playMaker

Author Topic: select FSM directly instead of gameObject when using "specifyGameObject"  (Read 4349 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Very much like the fsm selection drop down in the fsm editor menu, I am wondering why this is not implemented in the action themselves.

Currently, we need to select a game object, then the fsm. The downside of the current way to access a fsm is that you likely have a lot more gameobjects than fsms. It would be a lot more straigthforward to select directly the fsm from the full list of fsm isn't it? it would keep our mind focused in playmaker "world" instead of wondering "uhm, to what game object that fsm I want to reach is attached, and where is it in the hierarchy?" and then have to find it. Too much... :)

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
The main reason for this is you don't always know the target at edit time. E.g., you collide with a game object and then want to send an event to an FSM on that object.

But it does seem like there should be a UI that works for both situations (i.e., when you know the target at edit time, and when you don't). Let me think about that some...