playMaker

Author Topic: My Advanced Playmaker Actions Package  (Read 8094 times)

FRickReich

• Playmaker Newbie
My Advanced Playmaker Actions Package
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
I finally came over to update my "Assorted Playmaker Actions" Package, including the new ones i wrote in the past 2 months, i also renamed the package to "Advanced Playmaker Actions" :)

https://github.com/FRickReich/playmaker-assorted-actions

The package includes the following Playmaker Actions:
  • 3D Compass
  • Auto Rotate
  • Bool Exchange
  • Clock Timer
  • Pause Scene
  • Random Name Generator
  • Sinus Wiggle
  • Teleport Object
  • Translate To Bar Value
  • 3 Unit Converters
  • Vector Orbit

...adding more soon, i hope you will check them out.
- Rick

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: My Advanced Playmaker Actions Package
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:47:03 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for this. Since you are using github, I would suggest you also host your custom actions as well too. And if you want to be compatible with the ecosystem, let me know, I'll explain you what to do for your github rep to become visible to the ecosystem so that your actions get listed and be downloaded easily.

Bye,

Jean

FRickReich

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
yes jean, i would love that. Hit me up with the infos!

- Rick

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:45:10 AM »
Hi,

I have added some description about how things are working and how on the wiki:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1181

have a look ( section "Authoring Reference" ) and tell me if that all make sense. I haven't started yet the possibility to let you define your own github rep, but I do expect to provide this very soon ( within two month or so).

Bye,

Jean

FRickReich

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:15:29 PM »
i'll check that out, did you see my mixpanel actions also (on github)?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
Hi,

no, can you give me a link to it?

bye,

Jean

FRickReich

• Playmaker Newbie

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 07:41:38 AM »
Hi,

Oh, that's nice! did not know about mixPanel. Will make a post on the rss feed.

Bye,

Jean

FRickReich

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 12:20:25 PM »
Its a fantastic tool for statistics. I use it all along!

snowconesolid

• Playmaker Newbie
  • >Obtained Orange Pekoe tea!
    • Snowconesolid Dev Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 07:29:50 PM »
wow these look like very nice actions and I can see a bunch of ways they could come in handy for development. Great job and thanks for sharing.

@Jean, is it possible for these actions to be included in an official update for playmaker sometime in the future? I mean already built it?

I know its not really a hassle to download and import the package into unity but it would just be more convenient for it to come built in. The reason I bring this up is beacause I already download and import a whole bunch of extra action packages for playmaker such as Navigation and a number of other packages to support my other unity add-ons. So sometimes I forget which packages I need to re-import again when I start a new project because I have so many other packages :)

Its not really a big deal though. Thanks once again for these actions, I will put them to good use!

FRickReich

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 06:28:24 AM »
yeah maybe you could put in a section to the actions called "Templates" or something, jean? to include actions like these that do ... more? stuff like vector orbits or daytime counters seem to be more advanced that math or input actions. i got a bunch more, and i bet others have actions like these too.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »
Hi,

These actions ( like 99.9% all custom actions) will remain as separate from the official set of actions provided with PlayMaker, I think it's a strong direction in not trying to put everything for everyone, but keep it reasonable, and use the ecosystem and the wiki to server these custom actions the best way possible.

"Templates" are coming in the ecosystem ( as well as samples and misc packages) if that's your request FrickReich, but they will server only true PlayMaker templates as we know them. It would be misleading to categories actions as "templates".

We can create more actions categories, that's more then welcome and recommanded,

What I would like for the future of the ecosystem is a way to register to the ecosystem server and start organizing your favorite actions into "bundles", so that in a fresh project, you import PlayMaker, the ecosystem browser, and then you can pick a bundle saved in your account and a bunch of actions would be installed in one click. I too dream of that on a daily bases, and I think I can do it, even as a proper package, by running a headless Unity version on an amazon server and create packages on the fly with content that you define, so say you want have certain projects that needs a particular set, you can create one for that, and so forth for other projects, just like unity's layout system basically, only for custom actions and tools around PlayMaker.

But before I tackle this, I need to first allow third party addons to play nice within the ecosystem so that you can for example search for ngui actions, or arrayMaker actions, and the ecosytem will double check ( and even scan your project) on what's possible for you to get without having obvious errors about a required asset for that custom actions. I have the code already there to check and I can detect if you have indeed ngui, ArrayMaker or any asset that I would register on the ecosystem server as a requirement for certain actions to be searched for. that's going to be huge, then I'll do the custom bundles and user account for the ecosystem to evolve into a real productive tool in setting up and managing projects.

Bye,

Jean